|Job Title*:||ROW Rep ||Pay Grade*:||S8/ Starting Salary: $43,501 |
|Section*:||Railroad Management Admin ||Job Code:||0145 |
|Division*:||Trinity Railway Express Admin ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Para-professional |
|Department*:||Commuter Rail || || |
Manages railroad property for Dallas Area Rapid Transit's (DART) Commuter Rail and Railroad Management department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets with prospective and current tenants, engineers, city planners, developers, utility companies and others who are either proposing transactions for new use of DART/TRE property or changing current use. Coordinates the review and processing of applications for public and private use of DART-owned railroad corridors. Negotiates appropriate agreement and fee in accordance with Board policy and requirements and restrictions from Planning, Engineering, Risk Management, Legal and the operating railroad(s). Ensures compliance with DART or TRE policy, applicable laws, regulations so that such use does not interfere with DARTs or TREs future use of the property.
- Protects DART right-of-way for future DART use. Inspects right-of-way to identify encroachments, unauthorized use, lease violations, hazardous materials and maintenance concerns. Takes appropriate action or makes recommendation for action.
- Reviews accounts receivable and invoicing system reports, to coordinate revenue increases and monitor outstanding accounts receivable and collections. Pursues opportunities for rental increases. Audits percentage rental income from percentage leases. Interfaces with departmental staff and Accounting to ensure timely receipt of rental income, its deposit to proper accounts and monthly reconciliation.
- Assists Sr. Manager with special projects and related reporting. Prepares ad hoc reports for management review. Remains current on new industry trends.
- Maintains tenant relations to include individuals, commercial businesses, signboard companies, retailers, governmental entities, etc. Annually audits tenants records and notifies tenants of matters concerning license agreement/easement compliance, certificates of insurance, rental increases, required maintenance, etc.
- Researches public records to determine ownership, size and value of property. Analyzes property information to determine equitable license fee to negotiate with licensee. Gathers deed information and obtains copies of deeds.
- Reviews reports and provides information for the development of department revenue and expense budgets.
- Coordinates with operating railroads the proposed use of DART/TRE right-of-way, the resulting agreements and corridor maintenance in compliance with trackage rights agreements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Real Estate, Business Administration or related field.
- Three (3) years progressively responsible experience in right-of-way management, property management or commercial properties.
- Knowledge of industrial or rail related properties, railroad operations, real estate principles and property management practices, federal, state, local laws and regulations affecting real estate and property management activities. Proficiency using PC and software applications.
- Familiarity with Consumer Price Indices (CPI) to calculate increases/decreases in accordance with the terms and conditions of the License Agreements.
- Proficiency with software applications to include word processing, database, spreadsheet and personal computer and established telecommunications equipment.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Ability to meet challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization.
- Ability to settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Ability to blend people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; defines success in terms of the whole team.
- Ability to scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; measures performance against goals.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Ability to figure out the processes necessary to accomplish tasks; can facilitate effective brainstorming and build consensus among team members; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
Reports to Sr Mgr Railroad Management *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V