|Job Title*:||Business Analyst ||Pay Grade*:||S10 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Procurement Support ||Job Code:||0184 |
|Division*:||Headquarters ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Professionals |
|Department*:||Procurement || || |
Performs business and procurement analysis, and coordinates a wide variety of administrative and critical support activities within the Procurement division to improve the overall quality and efficiency of services delivered to the division, internal customers and suppliers. Provides business information to Procurement Leadership and other departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs project/program and performance management functions including reviewing, analyzing, and recommending improvements to business and organizational processes and systems.
- Maintains, monitors, supports and/or develops special projects and performance management programs.
- Provides technical assistance, guidance, and training to staff on procurement best practices.
- Maintains and updates internal procurement policies and procedures and recommends updates and changes to the DART Procurement Regulation.
- Is an advocate for sustainable and inclusive procurement practices.
- Performs complex analysis of federal and state laws, including FTA Master Agreement and Circular 4220.1.F, policies and best practices to draft and recommend procedures, contract provisions and other guidance to support the Procurement Department.
- Reviews and updates procurement forms, agreements, evaluation matrixes and other documents.
- Performs cost and price analyses of proposals and contracts for Procurement for determining if prices offered by vendors and contractors are fair and reasonable.
- Provides guidance to staff on procurement plans, negotiation plans, strategies, contract types and other activities.
- Conducts procurement market research of commodities and services. Remains current on new industry trends, methods, and technology.
- Conducts in-depth fact-finding on proposals submitted by vendors/contractors relating to price and cost analysis to obtain necessary support data.
- Assists Contracting Officer and staff with preparation of negotiation objectives and assists in price negotiations.
- Develops procurement training plans and curricula and delivers training to staff.
- Serves as competition advocate, recommending on requests for sole source and emergency procurements and contract modifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Supply Chain, Information Systems or a related discipline.
- Four (4) years of business analyst experience in procurement or related environment to include one (1) year of demonstrated cost and price analyses of contract, proposals or related data sets.
- Intermediate level of computer skills to manage client server, internet/intranet and software applications such as MS Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), analytical reporting, and parts management etc.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Probes all fruitful sources for answers. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Strong team building skills with the ability to motivate others to achieve the strategic vision and goals developed by the division, department and agency.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of employees and blend people into effective teams when needed. Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team. Fosters open dialogue. Defines success in terms of the whole team. Creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Ability to be patient with people and processes. Listens and checks before acting. Tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Ability to change direction, handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis.
- Ability to make good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Ability to practice attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Reports to Mgr Procurement Administration*
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V