|Job Title*:||Business Analyst-Mobility ||Pay Grade*:||S10/ Starting Salary: $52,636 |
|Section*:||Mobility Management Relations ||Job Code:||0184A |
|Division*:||East Dallas Transportation ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Professionals |
|Department*:||Mobility Management Services || || |
Performs business and financial analysis, and coordinates a wide variety of administrative and critical support activities within the division to improve the overall quality and efficiency of services delivered to the division. Provides business information to Mobility Management Services Leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs project/program and performance management functions including reviewing, analyzing, and recommending improvements to business and organizational systems.
- Prepares technical, statistical, and narrative reports for Mobility Management Services leadership Team.
- Develops a deep knowledge of business processes and work in order to assist in SOW development and modifications.
- Act as a resource for Mobility Management Services by completing assessment analysis, preparing accurate and timely reports using various reporting writing tools to meet specific leadership request or data analysis.
- Performs complex analysis of data related to business proposals, cost estimates, schedules, and budgets; and acts as technical representative over assigned procurements.
- Work with other sections within the division to streamline services by identifying goods and services that can be consolidated into one contractual vehicle.
- Maintains, monitors, supports and/or develops special projects and performance management programs.
- Assists in budget development and trending for sections supported by Mobility Management Services.
- Develop and modify reports using Trapeze, Crystal Reports, Routematch, and Microsoft software for sectional activities such as trend analysis, contractor performance, and special service assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Transportation, Finance or related field preferred.
- Four (4) years experience involving data analysis, analysis of performance trends, and/or other transportation operations related monitoring and analysis activities preferred.
- Experience with Routematch and Cognos are preferred.
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills with the ability to think creatively and work at a detailed level. Ability to prepare and customize reports and make recommendations to managers based upon results of analyses/evaluations.
- Ability to work independently to reach goals set by management.
- Ability to gather user requirements, create gap analysis, ensure development tasks are meeting user requirements, properly test and resolve issues and prioritize development.
- Able to provide complex information that is understandable and grammatically correct. Communicates effectively to groups and with a variety of listeners.
- Assist in identifying key budget indicators to predict cost/budget overruns. Assist in preparation of budget estimates and summaries to executive management.
- Exhibits self-motivation and innovation in the development of new/improved reporting methods or approaches to problems.
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate a fiduciary obligation to section, division, department, and DART in handling materials and information of a confidential nature.
Reports to Sr Mgr Customer Rel & Admin *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V