|Job Title*:||Public Safety Technology Spec ||Pay Grade*:||117/ Starting Salary: $60,918 |
|Section*:||DART Police Operations Support ||Job Code:||0283 |
|Division*:||Transit Police ||FLSA/EEO:||Non-exempt/Technicians |
|Department*:||DART Police || || |
Responsible for systems implementations and configurations related to all DART Police Department technology implementations, system set-up, and related database management, responsible for systems security management, software fixes, cyclical upgrades and patch control. Responsible for departmental reporting needs and report development using various software reporting tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes and evaluates police system applications and related Oracle and/or MS SQL database connectivity and tuning issues to include trouble shooting, installing, repairing and maintaining complex vehicle electronic systems.
- Assists with department technology projects, to include maintaining project schedules, project planning, developing specifications for business solutions recommended, and managing project implementation.
- Provides support for the Police department PC based applications.
- Assists in design and maintenance of any required application interfaces.
- Assists users in analyzing and originating software related data maintenance efforts and work programs.
- Ensures system policy/configuration change implementation and approval.
- Documents and coordinates resolution to software and police systems related problems.
- Assists users in analyzing and originating software related data maintenance efforts and produces and/or maintains complete software upgrades, patch documentation, and assists in producing and maintaining system documentation.
- Researches and recommends technology equipment/hardware and software purchases and keep department abreast of new trends in industry.
- Assists with end-user problem resolution. Serves as a contact for department personnel for IT issues, outages, and/or service changes. Serves as a contact with software vendor customer support service for problem resolution. Provides IT training to staff. Works closely with the Agency Information Technology Division in the over-all delivery of IT services to the Police Department.
- Provides services 24 hours, 7 days a week on an on-call basis in the shop and in the field.
- Acts in the absence of the manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university in Technology, Communications or related field.
- Four (4) years experience in support of computer hardware and/or software to include problem solving, both in the repair of computer related systems and in solving complex application issues faced by users.
- Must be able to be on-call on a rotating basis or as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds safely. This includes items such as PCs, monitors, printers, and other peripherals.
- Proficient in use of personal computer to include standard operating systems, applications, utilities, and hardware.
- Intermediate knowledge of database applications such as SQL, Oracle, RDB, and reporting application such as Crystal reports, MS Access.
- Valid Texas Class A, B, or C drivers license, no Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) conviction within the last sixty (60) consecutive months, not more than one (1) DWI on driving record, and not more than three (3) convictions of moving violations within the last thirty-six (36) months in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles, or drive in the course and scope of job.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Analytical ability to independently diagnose and recommend problem resolutions on local area networks.
- Ability to use his/her time effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to pick up on technical information quickly; can learn new skills and technical knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product or technical knowledge.
Reports to DART Police Sergeant-Ops Supp *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V