|Job Title*:||DART Police Representative ||Pay Grade*:||108 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||DART Police Operations Support ||Job Code:||0311 |
|Division*:||DART Police Headquarters ||FLSA/EEO:||Non-exempt/Protective Service |
|Department*:||DART Police || || |
Provides administrative support to Police Department staff in one or more of the following areas, but not limited to:
- Command Administration
- Hiring and Recruiting
- Internal Affairs
- Emergency Management/Security
- Criminal Investigations/Case Filing/Intelligence
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs administrative duties in support of various Police Department programs by assisting with various reports and documents, compiling historical information and materials; coordinating processes, projects, and events; assisting in general business operations of the Police Department.
- Assists with research of accounting/budget issues and special projects.
- Assists with management, input, and maintenance of work unit database and other record management activities; maintain quality control over databases and spreadsheets.
- Composes letters, correspondence, and memos and prepares responses to inquiries when necessary.
- Maintains message system to include tracking staff, answering, screening, and routing in-coming calls, and if necessary, taking messages. Receives and greets visitors and guests.
- Prepares, receives, controls, and routes department correspondence. Handles and directs inquiries regarding department activities.
- Orders and maintains inventory of office supplies and equipment.
- Makes arrangements for travel, meetings, seminars, and other special services to include typing meeting notices, travel requests, check requests, etc.
- Assists with preparation of a variety of reports for management review and maintains various files.
- Maintains appointment calendars and tickler systems and departments filing system.
- Monitors and coordinates the Agenda Reports for the department.
- Assists with the development of briefing papers/presentations.
- Performs other duties in support of department.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- High School or general education equivalent (GED) diploma plus one (1) year specialized training.
- Two (2) years progressively responsible experience in administrative support or related field.
- Ability to demonstrate a fiduciary obligation to section, division, department, and DART in handling materials and information of a confidential nature.
- Effective interpersonal skill to communicate with all levels of supervisory and non-supervisory employees, government entities, a culturally diverse community, and others both inside and outside of DART.
- Knowledge of personal computer (PC) and software applications to include Windows, spreadsheet, word processing and database. Type 25 wpm
Reports to DART Police Sergeant-Ops Supp *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V