|Job Title*:||Material Mgmt Tech - Dist ||Beginning Pay*:||$16.67 hourly |
|Section*:||Materials Warehousing-Hrly ||Job Code:||0418 |
|Division*:||Irving Mat Mgmt Warehouse ||FLSA/EEO:||Non-exempt/Service and Maintenance |
|Department*:||Materials Management-Hourly || || |
Under general supervision, performs full spectrum warehousing, distribution and materials logistics functions for Dallas Area Rapid's Transit's (DART) Material Control Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all functions related to management of material assets, including but not limited to, stocking, issuing, shipping, receiving, storage, organization, expediting, planning, monitoring, asset security, placing, picking, counting, packaging, inspection, rotation, coordination, movement, transport /delivery and tracking of materials, parts, products, etc., from/to various facilities and remote locations, on a scheduled and non-scheduled basis.
- Coordinates shipping & receiving requirements with in/out bound freight providers, vendors and contractors, as well as, DART accounting, procurement and internal sections. Participates in assembling, packing, crating and shipping of outgoing merchandise or material.
- Ensures shipments agree with packing list, bills of lading, actual orders, etc.; rejects and reports damaged materials and variances. Loads/unloads merchandise or material from transport vehicles; coordinates incoming material to various user groups/customers.
- Verifies and reports the correctness and condition of data, equipment and materials. Prepare, maintain and distribute detailed records accurately documenting material transactions. Research and resolve inventory discrepancies.
- Assists section supervisors to lead, train, plan, schedule, assign and monitor the quantity and quality of work performed by section personnel. Ensures duties are performed in accordance to established standards, policies, procedures, instructions and guidelines to include safety and security regulations.
- Ensures locator system is accurate, reorder points are monitored, stock levels are maintained and stock is marked, tagged or labeled in accordance with established procedure.
- Ensures performance, quality, timeliness, accuracy, safety, security and customer service standards are met. Makes recommendations or suggestions to improve warehouse operations and customer service. Immediately diffuses, resolves (within existing procedure / policy) and reports customer service concerns. Expedites internal material requirements.
- Supports special program and projects (i.e., maintenance campaigns, DART events, auctions, cyclical inventories, etc.) Assists Administration & Planning Section. Performs administrative/clerical duties associated with section operations (i.e., computer, data input, etc.)
- Acquires and maintains familiarity with all stocked materials and the general application/function of each part, as well as, associated parts manuals and automated support systems.
- Inspects work area to assess condition of facilities, equipment and tools. Corrects and reports safety hazards. As well as perform housekeeping and general maintenance of all section areas.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Ability to picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge?like Internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars
- Abiltiy to be creative and comes up with new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- High school or general education diploma (GED) plus one (1) year of technical, vocational, or commercial training.
- Two (2) years related experience in a warehousing, shipping, receiving, inventory control, distribution or logistics environment.
- Incumbents must be able to demonstrate proficiency of basic math skills, (i.e., adding, subtraction, multiplication, etc.).
- Incumbents are subject to the federal testing regulations of safety sensitive positions which include random alcohol and drug testing as a condition of continual employment.
- Must attain a Texas Commercial Drivers License (CDL-B) within forty-five (45) business days of hire, as a condition of conitnued employment. No Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) conviction within sixty (60) consecutive months, not more than one (1) DWI on driving record, and no more than three (3) convictions of moving violations within the last thirty-six (36) consecutive months in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles. Must maintain CDL-B license as a condition of continued employment.
- Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) medical examination prior to hire and periodically as a condition of continued employment. Applicants and employees in these designated safety-sensitive positions are subject to DOT/FTA regulations which include DOT pre-employment drug testing and random alcohol and drug testing as a condition of continued employment.
- Must be able to operate all warehouse equipment such as stand up and sit down forklifts, electric pallet jack, cherry picker, etc.
- Able to lift objects weighing up to fifty (50) pounds such as tools, equipment and parts.
- Must be flexible to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to work in crowded and tight spaces.
Reports to Sr Mgr Warehousing & Dist *
Works in an environment where there is exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V