|Job Title*:||Executive Assistant 1 ||Pay Grade*:||107 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Program Delivery ||Job Code:||0501 |
|Division*:||Headquarters ||FLSA/EEO:||Non-exempt/Office and Clerical |
|Department*:||Rail Program Development || || |
Under limited supervision, provides support to the Assistant Vice President or in some cases may support two (2) Assistant Vice Presidents (or assigned personnel) by performing a wide variety of administrative support functions such as preparing reports, office organization and work flow; serves as a liaison between management and other organizational units, and external customers to Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) and otherwise ensures that the administrative functions of this work unit are completed accurately and timely. This position will directly support the Assistant Vice President and indirectly support assigned subordinate staff personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs day-to-day administrative support for AVP and other personnel, as assigned. Receives assignments in the form of results expected, due dates, and general procedures to be followed.
- Composes, types, and edits a variety of correspondence such as letters, documents, memos, reports, or presentations.
- Maintains message system to include tracking staff, answering, screening, and routing incoming calls, if necessary, taking Receives and greets visitors and guests.
- Provides general administrative support by collecting, sorting, distributing mail; maintaining electronic and hard copy filing systems; making copies; and ordering supplies.
- Maintain departmental file retention/disposal schedules and assist staff with all requests for files and records, following the file management procedures and protocols.
- Shows sensitivity to confidential matters and information.
- Provides support in other areas within department, when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration or related field.
- Two (2) years administrative and/or clerical experience in a fast paced office environment.
- Pass a physical (medical) examination that includes a drug screen in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles.
- Knowledge of budget development/analysis, and operational cost factors.
- Proficiency of PC software applications to include Microsoft Office or other related software applications.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ability to marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done. Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Uses resources effectively and efficiently. Arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Ability to use his/her time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Ability to enjoy working hard. Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning. Seizes more opportunities than others.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Ability to relate well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization. Builds appropriate rapport. Builds constructive and effective relationships. Uses diplomacy and tact. Can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Reports to AVP Capital Program Delivery *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V