|Job Title*:||Business Analyst - Engineering ||Pay Grade*:||S10 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Asset Management Administratio ||Job Code:||0512 |
|Division*:||East Dallas Maintenance ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Professionals |
|Department*:||Engineering || || |
Work with business partners to identify areas for process improvements using proven Six Sigma and continuous improvement methodology. Provide the technical expertise to support reliability and lifecycle cost analysis for DART assets in the new Enterprise Asset Management system. Establish procedures to ensure compliance to FTA transit asset management guidelines and generate reports with quality controls measures and key performance indicators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs complex analysis of data related to failure analysis, lifecycle costing, and total cost of ownership to support capital planning and budgets; and acts as technical representative for Enterprise Asset Management system.
- Work with process owners within the division to streamline processes and services by identifying opportunities to use technology to improve efficiencies.
- Maintains, monitors, supports and/or develops special projects and performance management programs.
- Develop and modify organizational reports in Maximo and Microsoft software applications for asset management dashboards.
- Establish and support reliability KPIs by extracting, monitoring and analyzing failure codes for bus and rail corrective maintenance
- Use six sigma methodology to analyze data and establish predictive maintenance strategies
- Assist in asset configuration management and ensuring approved configurations in service
- Track labor and material cost on maintenance work orders to support lifecycle costing analysis
- Serve as Engineering Liaison with other Operations divisions and Technology for Maximo process configurations, reports and process development.
- Follows appropriate change management and implementation procedures. Ensures that appropriate functional documentation is prepared.
- Oversee assets and work management processes in the Enterprise Asset Management System (Maximo).
- Remain current on new industry trends, methods and technology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Business Administration, Project Management or a related field.
- Four (4) years progressively responsible experience involving data analysis, management of projects, analysis of performance trends, and other transportation, maintenance or industrial operations related to monitoring and analysis activities.
- High level of analytical ability to find solutions to complex interpersonal, professional, technical, and administrative problems.
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail
- The ability to develop solutions through collaboration with technical and business experts.
- Experience with Tableau and Maximo preferred, although not required.
- Proficient using PC and software applications including databases, word processing, Lawson, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ability to make good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment). Most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time. Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Ability to pick up on technical things quickly. Can learn new skills and knowledge. Is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge. Does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Ability to be able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Ability to quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise. Is seen as a team player and is cooperative. Easily gains trust and support of peers. Encourages collaboration. Can be candid with peers.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
Reports to Sr Mgr Fleet Support *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V