|Job Title*:||Apprentice Police Telecommunic ||Pay Grade*:||107/ Starting Salary: $39,456 |
|Section*:||DART Police Telecommunications ||Job Code:||0551 |
|Division*:||DART Police Headquarters ||FLSA/EEO:||Non-exempt/Protective Service |
|Department*:||DART Police || || |
Performs telecommunication services for the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attends and successfully completes 40 hour TCLE course Basic Telecommunications at an academy licensed by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement or other TCLE authorized facility that is authorized by the Dallas Area Rapid Transit Police Department within the first year of employment.
- Attends and successfully completes 40 hour DPS course to operate TLETS.
- Successfully completes the on-the-job training program for DART Police Telecommunicators within 6 months of employment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- High school or general education diploma (GED).
- Type 70 kpm, minimum requirement.
- Must pass computerized test which evaluates job-related skills necessary in a dispatching environment.
- One (1) year related experience in law enforcement, radio dispatch, customer service, or other environments requiring use of radio communications or telephone contact.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all levels, both inside and outside DART.
- Proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and software applications.
- Successful completion of selection process including but not limited to criminal records check (through fingerprints), psychological evaluation and background investigation.
Reports to DART Police Sergeant *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V