|Job Title*:||DART Police Telecommun ||Pay Grade*:||109/ Starting Salary: $43,501 |
|Section*:||DART Police Telecommunications ||Job Code:||0554 |
|Division*:||DART Police Headquarters ||FLSA/EEO:||Non-exempt/Protective Service |
|Department*:||DART Police || || |
Performs telecommunication services for the department. Types all information into applicable system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives requests for police services from DART bus dispatchers, rail controllers, bus and rail operators, or other sources. Dispatches calls for service, according to priority using a two-way radio, to the nearest available field element within a geographical area of responsibility. ?Serves as communications link between DART Police and local 911 operators, and with police and emergency dispatchers in other agencies. Processes requests from field elements for assistance including but not limited to calling for local police, ambulance, fire department or other services.?Records and maintains police logs, reports, statistics, activity or other documents and files. Prepares a variety of reports for management review. Coordinates police telecommunication activities with other DART operations.?Monitors radio transmissions, assignments, markouts, and activity.
- Receives requests for, and provides to DART Police information from the North Central Texas Crime Information Center (NCTCIC), and from the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) and Texas Crime Information Center (TCIC) through the Texas Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (TLETS).
- Participates in emergency drills such as fires, evacuations, power failures, bomb threats, hazardous spills, hostage situations, etc.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- High school or general education diploma (GED).
- Type 70kpm.
- Must pass computerized test which evaluates job-related skills necessary in a dispatching environment.
- Telecommunication certification by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCLE) to perform police telecommunication services in the State of Texas.
- Texas Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (TLETS) terminal operator certification by the Texas Department of Public Safety to access NCIC/TCIC must be obtained with six (6) months of employment.
- One (1) year certified police telecommunications experience. (All experience as Police Telecommunicator will be used to satisfy the one-year certified police telecommunications requirement.)
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all levels, both inside and outside DART.
- Analytical skills to find solutions to problems of limited complexity.
- Ability to operate two-way radio including base station and console. Proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and software applications. Successful completion of selection process including but not limited to criminal records check (through fingerprints), psychological evaluation and background investigation.
Reports to DART Police Sergeant-Ops Supp *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V