|Job Title*:||Project Mgr IV-Systems Enginee ||Pay Grade*:||125 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Program Delivery ||Job Code:||0575B |
|Division*:||Headquarters ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Professionals |
|Department*:||Capital Program Development || || |
Manages systems engineering and construction contracts and projects in coordination with other DART departments, government entities, consultants, and other related parties for Dallas Area Rapid Transit's (DART) Capital Program Delivery Division of the Growth/Regional Development Department. Directs and oversees the activities and functions related to vehicles, signals, communication, fare collection, traction power design, and construction contracts and projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the design and construction of DART capital projects.
- Provides the primary interface between construction contractors, engineering, and the DART Growth/Regional Development department.
- Manages assigned projects. Oversees, checks work and instructs consultants and contractors on assigned projects. Monitors performance of work to ensure compliance with DART Standards. Monitors project cost, schedule, and scope status, identify project risks and recommends changes to ensure compliance with established project objectives and to mitigate risk impacts.
- Oversees and participates as required in negotiating contract changes and supplemental agreements. Performs technical reviews of projects and prepares technical reports and correspondence.
- Makes formal presentations to staff, consultants, government entities, and other related parties, as required to communicate related project performance.
- Remains current on new industry trends, methods, and technology.
- Develops, implements, evaluates and revises section policies, procedures, and standards.
- Prepares a variety of reports for management review.
- Develops, submits for approval, and monitors project budget(s) and contract values.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
- Eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience managing engineering and/or construction projects and contracts, including overseeing the work of consultants. Transit experience is preferred.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer or Architect in the State of Texas, Project Management Professional Certification, or Certified Construction Manager is preferred.
- Valid Texas Class C drivers license, no Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) convictions within the last sixty (60) consecutive months, not more than one (1) DWI on driving record, and not more than three (3) convictions of moving violations within the last thirty-six (36) months to operate DART non-revenue vehicles.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing engineering and construction contracts; overseeing and organizing the work of others; systems, techniques, principles, materials, and equipment to be used, as well as high levels of proficiency in performing complex and challenging professional and technical work such as managing construction contracts, directing staff, and negotiating disputes. Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels, both inside and outside DART.
- Proficiency with software applications including word processing, database, spreadsheet, personal computer, and established telecommunications equipment.
- High-level analytical and creative skills to find solutions to complex and technical problems.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Ability to provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments to direct reports; supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization.
- Ability to settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and cooperate with minimum noise.
- Ability to blend people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; defines success in the whole team.
- Ability to scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects and measure performance against goals.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve complex problems with practical solutions.
- Ability to figure out the processes necessary to accomplish tasks; facilitates effective brainstorming and builds consensus among team members; orchestrates multiple activities at once to achieve a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
Reports to AVP Streetcar-Sys Engineering *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V