|Job Title*:||Assistant to Vice President ||Pay Grade*:||S7/ Starting Salary: $39,546 |
|Section*:||Project Management Admin ||Job Code:||0601 |
|Division*:||Project Management ||FLSA/EEO:||Non-exempt/Office and Clerical |
|Department*:||Rail Program Development || || |
Under limited supervision, provides highest level of administrative support to the Vice President or in some cases may support two (2) Vice Presidents (or assigned personnel), by performing a full range of administrative support functions, including complex and confidential support services at the executive level, such as preparing reports, sustaining office organization and work flow; providing liaison between management and other organizational units, and external customers to Dallas Area Rapid Transit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs administrative duties such as special projects, reports, spreadsheets, etc. as required.
- Maintains message system to include tracking staff, answering, screening, and routing in-coming calls, and if necessary, taking messages. Receives and greets visitors and guests.
- Makes arrangements for travel, meetings, seminars, finances, and other special services.
- Administer various committees on behalf of the Vice President.
- Composes letters, correspondence, and memos requiring independent judgment as to content, and prepares responses to inquiries when necessary. Utilizes word processing equipment and/or computers to create, process, and maintain a variety of documents and administrative records containing technical information and difficult formats. Provides support in contract administration of the Departments on-call contracts, including but not limited to the processing of work directives, invoices, and contract close-outs.
- Receives, controls, and routes department correspondence. Handles and directs inquiries regarding department activities.
- May assist with Board agenda items for the department.
- Maintains appointment calendars and tickler systems and department filing system.
- Compile agendas and attend staff meetings, prepare and distribute minutes, and provide assistance in any required follow-ups.
- Assists with monitoring and coordinating the Agenda Reports for the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration or related field.
- Four (4) years administrative and clerical experience in an executive-level office or related environment.
- Expert proficiency with Personal computer (PC); software applications such as Windows, word processing, power point presentations, spreadsheet, data base; typical office equipment such as copier, calculator, typewriter, facsimile, etc.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ability to marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done. Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Uses resources effectively and efficiently. Arranges information and files in a useful manner. Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities.
- Ability to be action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning. Seizes more opportunities than others.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Probes all fruitful sources for answers. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Ability to relate well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization. Builds appropriate rapport. Builds constructive and effective relationships. Uses diplomacy and tact. Can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Reports to VP Capital Design & Constr *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V