|Job Title*:||Asst. to Sr Mgr - SOC/Bus Ops ||Pay Grade*:||S5/ Starting Salary: $32,977 |
|Section*:||SOC - Bus Operations ||Job Code:||0623 |
|Division*:||S Oak Cliff Bus Op Facility ||FLSA/EEO:||Non-exempt/Office and Clerical |
|Department*:||Bus Operations || || |
Under limited supervision, provides support to the Senior Manager by performing a wide variety of administrative support functions such as preparing reports, office organization and work flow; providing liaison between management and other organizational units, and external customers to the Department, and otherwise ensuring that the administrative functions of this work unit are completed accurately and timely.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives assignments in the form of results expected, due dates, and general procedures to be followed.
- Maintains message system to include tracking staff, answering, screening, and routing in-coming calls, if necessary, taking messages. Receives and greets visitors and guests.
- Composes, types, and edits a variety of correspondence such as letters, documents, memos, or reports.
- Collects, sorts, and distributes division mail, as well as collects and deposits mail.
- Copies a variety of materials as necessary; collects and distributes payroll for division.
- Makes arrangements for travel, meetings, seminars, finances, and other special services to include typing meeting notices, travel requests, check requests, etc. May be asked to serve as department Travel Coordinator; understands and complies with the DART Guide for Office Procedures.
- Assists with the development of materials for various Board and Executive staff presentations.
- Maintains departments filing systems; and performs data entry functions for departmental databases and spreadsheets.
- This also includes processing, tracking and reporting on various Division Invoices.
- Tracks employee training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- High school or general education diploma (GED) plus one (1) year specialized commercial, technical, or vocational training outside of high school in office automation.
- Two (2) years administrative and/or clerical experience in a fast paced office environment.
- Proficiency with personal computer (PC) and software applications to include Windows, database, word processing, and spreadsheet; typical office equipment such as copier, calculator, typewriter, facsimile, etc.
- Ability to marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Ability to uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Ability to be action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Ability to relate well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport;builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Reports to Sr Mgr Bus Operations-SOC *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V