|Job Title*:||Buyer ||Pay Grade*:||111/ Starting Salary: $45,457 |
|Section*:||Contracts-Materials Management ||Job Code:||0803 |
|Division*:||Headquarters ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Professionals |
|Department*:||Procurement || || |
Responsible for purchasing a wide variety of goods, services, and supplies for Dallas Area Rapid Transit's (DART) Purchasing Section.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs pre- purchase planning and coordination with the requisitioner on complex procurements.
- Assists team members with procurements.
- Conducts all complex procurement activities in compliance with applicable procedures, regulations and laws.
- Develops qualified and responsible sources of supply.
- Determines method of purchase and prepares requests for quotations.
- Analyzes bids and quotations, negotiates price and selects supplier after considering prices, quality, and ability to meet delivery requirements.
- Prepares purchase orders to reflect the negotiated agreement.
- Prepares and maintains purchase order file.
- Follows up on delinquent orders and expedites material necessary to meet a delivery requirement.
- Initiates and processes correspondence with vendors.
- Certifies and processes invoices for payment.
- Prioritizes assignments to meet requested delivery schedules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Purchasing, or related field.
- Four (4) years progressively responsible experience in a fast paced purchasing environment or related experience.
- Proficiency with personal computer (PC) and software applications to include windows, word processing, spreadsheet and database, as well as proficiency to learn and use Procurement software currently in use (Lawson).
- Ability to demonstrate a fiduciary obligation to section, division, department, and DART when handling materials and information of a confidential nature.
- Ability to makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Ability to picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge. Is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ability to be able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Ability to find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise. Is seen as a team player and is cooperative.
- Ability to uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Light physical ability required to walk, stand, bend/stoop, sit, and occasionally, 15% - 25% of work time, lift objects weighing 5 - 10 pounds.
Reports to Sr Mgr Procurement *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V