|Job Title*:||Logistics Planner ||Pay Grade*:||112 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Materials Planning Admin ||Job Code:||0853 |
|Division*:||Irving Mat Mgmt Warehouse ||FLSA/EEO:||Non-exempt/Professionals |
|Department*:||Materials Management || || |
Plans and monitors stock levels and requisitions quantities to be purchased for Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) Material Control Division in support of bus operations. Plans and facilitates periodic planning sessions, coordinates initial provisioning for spare parts and integrates material planning needs with other functional areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors, plans and integrates stock levels, daily usage, ordering on bus/rail support and related stock items and requisitions quantities to be purchased using past usage, forecast demand and consensus of opinion techniques.
- Coordinates expediting function on stock-out part conditions, performing credit card purchases when required. Keeps customer informed on all parts shortages, which could result in work stoppage.
- Reviews and establishes order points at stocking locations. Coordinates order points with minimum/maximum stock positions and orders quantities. Monitors and corrects order points/maimum stock levels at satellite warehouses.
- Coordinates initial provisioning for spare parts to include new equipment and rolling stock.
- Establishes, executes, and recommends changes to policies and procedures established by senior management. Develops and enforces procedures for section.
- Plans and facilitates planning sessions on inventory involving Operations and Vendors.
- Monitors & plans component rebuilt program for bus & rail operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration or related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in inventory planning, management and/or technical/engineering or related environement.
- Knowledge of Material Control inventory techniques.
- Working knowledge of personal computer (PC) and software applications to include word processing, database, spreadsheet, etc.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ability to use his/her time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Ability to be action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning. Seizes more opportunities than others.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Ability to be able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Ability to pick up on technical things quickly. Can learn new skills and knowledge. Is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge. Does well in technical courses and seminars.
Reports to Sr Mgr Materials Mgmt & Plan *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART''''s operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V