|Job Title*:||Maint Tech-Psgr Facilities ||Beginning Pay*:||$28.84 hourly |
|Section*:||Bus Facilities ||Job Code:||0857 |
|Division*:||Facility Maintenance Building ||FLSA/EEO:||Non-exempt/Skilled Craft |
|Department*:||Rail Operations-Mechanics || || |
Responsible for performing all work relative to the installation, renovation, construction, repair, maintenance and inspection of Passenger Amenities structures for the Dallas Area Rapid Transit's (DART) Ways, Structures & Amenities Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform work relative to installation, renovation, construction, repair, maintenance and preventative maintenance inspections of bus and rail facilities including transit centers, rail platforms, park and rides, passenger transfer locations, bus stops, benches, shelters, enhanced shelters, trash cans, guide a rides, tunnel equipment and other passenger amenities as needed.
- Perform electrical, electronic, mechanical, plumbing, general HVAC, and civil work on all passenger amenities.
- Operate heavy equipment including vehicle-mounted cranes, forklifts, concrete corer, earth auger, man lift, backhoe, tampers, etc.
- Responsible for consistent work duties and familiarity with proper repair techniques.
- Maintain all equipment to Federal, State, and City Codes.
- Provide timely response to maintenance requests.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university or certification from an accredited technical program in Electronics Technology, Mechanical Technology, or equivalent combination of education/experience in preventative and corrective Facilities Maintenance.
- Must pass a technical test.
- Must obtain and maintain certification in compliance with all state and federal regulations applicable to the position. If a Texas State Electrical, Mechanical or Plumbing License is held it must state "No General Public Contracting."
- Must have a valid Drivers License Class-C, and be able to obtain a Texas Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class-A Restricted within 90 days of employment; no Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) conviction within the last sixty (60) consecutive months, not more than one (1) DWI/DUI on driving record, and not more than three (3) convictions of moving violations within the last thirty-six (36) consecutive months in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles.
- Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical (medical) examination, which includes a drug screen in order to operate DART revenue and non-revenue vehicles. Incumbents are subject to the federal testing regulations of safety sensitive positions, which include random alcohol and drug testing as a condition of continued employment.
- Operates DART revenue and non-revenue multi-axle vehicles, trucks, and service equipment as required.
- Proficiency with personal computer (PC), software applications to include MS Office (Word, Excel, Access).
- Must work in a safe manner and constant state of alertness.
- Ability to promote a positive and inclusive work culture.
- Ability to have the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Ability to make decisions in the absence of guidance from others, and to plan and carry out work assignments in situations where the procedures have been established.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to interact effectively with a diverse customer population while under pressure
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be able to orally communicate in an effective manner with the public, co-workers, supervisors and managers to ensure efficient operations; to promote safety; and to respond to emergencies. Must also be able to read and comprehend a variety of work related/required technical manuals, safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to find solutions to mechanical and technical problems.
- Ability to work variable shifts, irregular hours, nights, holidays, weekends, and short notice availability. May be required to travel to multiple work locations.
- Ability to be mobile and occasionally 70% - 80% of the work time. Lift objects weighing up to seventy - (70) pounds such as tools, equipment and parts. Must be able to work in crowded and tight spaces.
- Ability to use standard devices weighing up to 50lbs such as hand tools, portable shop test equipment for testing and other required equipment in order to perform your job functions.
Reports to Mgr PA/Facility Services *
Works in an environment where there is exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V