|Job Title*:||Sr Mgr Transit Ctr Services ||Pay Grade*:||123 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Transit Center Services ||Job Code:||0886 |
|Division*:||East Dallas Administration ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Official Administrators |
|Department*:||Bus Operations || || |
Manages personnel, Transit/Transfer Centers, and Passenger Transfer Locations (PTL). Identifies problems and recommends service improvements for Dallas Area Rapid Transit's (DART) Bus Operations Division. Management Scope: Supervises approximately 6 Transit Center Supervisors and 52 Station Monitors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides senior management oversight and direct responsibility over activities and personnel engaged in operations of Transit Centers and Passenger Transfer Locations.
- Establishes internal goals which promote customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, safety, efficiency and training.
- Oversees the implementation of alternative/emergency operating and evacuation plans and coordinates maintenance activities for Transit Centers and Passenger Transfer Locations.
- Executes policies and procedures established by senior management; coordinates activities with management, various DART departments and external contacts to ensure quality customer service at Transit Centers and Passenger Transfer Locations.
- Develops and manages section budget. Recommends action to correct variances; prepares a variety of reports for management review.
- Works closely with Field Supervision, Bus Dispatch and Bus Operations to ensure on-time performance at the Transit Centers and Passenger Transfer Locations.
- Promotes established safety, training and participates in the design efforts of all DART Transit Centers and Passenger Transfer Locations.
- Interviews, selects, develops, trains, evaluates, counsels, and if necessary, disciplines subordinate personnel according to established policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Public Administration, Communication, Transportation, or related field.
- Eight (8) years progressively responsible operations experience to include six (6) years in public administration, and/or public transportation (transit); including a minimum of four (4) years supervisory experience in public transportation (transit) or similar environment.
- Valid Texas A, B, or C drivers license, no Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) conviction within the last sixty (60) consecutive months, not more than one (1) DWI on driving record, and not more than three convictions of moving violations within the last thirty-six (36) consecutive months in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles.
- Must be willing to work irregular hours as needed.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Ability to provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments to direct reports; supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Ability to settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Ability to blend people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; defines success in terms of the whole team.
- Ability to scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; measures performance against goals.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Ability to figure out the processes necessary to accomplish tasks; can facilitate effective brainstorming and build consensus among team members; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
Reports to AVP Bus Operations *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V