|Job Title*:||Internal Auditor III ||Pay Grade*:||117 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Internal Audit ||Job Code:||0930 |
|Division*:||Headquarters ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Professionals |
|Department*:||Internal Audit || || |
Provides intermediate to advanced auditing skills in the conduct of audits of the various functions and activities of DART. Audit process prescribes to the risk based approach of the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO). Engages in proactive participation in system and process projects as control consultant. Provides leadership by setting positive examples to other auditors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executes moderate to complex audits in a professional and timely manner in accordance with appropriate professional auditing standards and prescribed Internal Audit departmental policies.
- Carryout assignments with some supervision. Provides coaching to assigned Auditor II on moderate-risk audits, or may work with an Auditor IV on more complex audits.
- Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls surrounding the activities under audit and determining compliance with all applicable DART policies and procedures.
- Conducts or works on assigned audits of various DART departments or external contractors.
- Prepares, reviews working papers and reviews other auditors working papers of a quality acceptable to audit department management and the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Writes audit programs; develops medium to complex findings with clear compelling evidence; makes recommendations for improvements; and writes clear concise reports making complex ideas understandable to laymen.
- Conducts or assists in investigation of alleged theft, misuse of funds or other defalcations as well as to establish how it occurred, the extent of loss and means of prevention.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Business Administration, or related area.
- Three (3) years of professional level experience in an internal audit, public accounting, or related environment to include auditing experience. Knowledge of internal control concepts and technical proficiency in auditing skills.
- Must have a valid Texas Drivers License class C, no DWI/DUI conviction within the last sixty (60) consecutive months, not more than one (1) DWI/DUI on driving record, and not more than two (2) convictions of moving violations within the last thirty six (36) consecutive months on driving record in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles.
- Possesses working knowledge of rules and regulations governing multi modal public transit agencies to include FTA, Federal/State Transportation Departments, Public Safety, Procurement and Contracting, Human Resources practices, Public Funding and Finance (not inclusive).
- Proficiency of PC software applications to include Microsoft Office or other related software applications.
- High level of analytical and creative skills to find solutions to complex professional, technical, and administrative problems.
- Ability to demonstrate a fiduciary obligation to division, department, and DART in handling materials and information of a confidential nature.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ability to make good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment). Most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time. Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Ability to pick up on technical things quickly. Can learn new skills and knowledge. Is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge. Does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Effective oral, written, communications skills and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with sensitivity to all levels of supervisory and non-supervisory employees, executive staff, Board Members, governmental entities, a culturally diverse community, consultants and others both inside and outside of DART.
- Ability to quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise. Is seen as a team player and is cooperative. Easily gains trust and support of peers. Encourages collaboration. Can be candid with peers.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
Reports to Contract/Const Audit Manager *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V