|Job Title*:||Comm Technician -NWROF ||Beginning Pay*:||$28.84 hourly |
|Section*:||Communications ||Job Code:||1048 |
|Division*:||NW Rail Facility Maintenance ||FLSA/EEO:||Non-exempt/Technicians |
|Department*:||Rail Operations-Mechanics || || |
Responsible for performance of work relative to the maintenance of voice, data, and computer controlled communication systems for Dallas Area Rapid Transit's (DART) Ways, Structures & Amenities Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Test, repair, install, and maintain complex computer networks and radio frequency (RF) voice and data communications systems and subsystems in the shop/field.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and diagnostic procedures on communications system assemblies and subassemblies.
- Utilize basic and advanced test, measurement, and diagnostic equipment.
- Interpret drawings, schematic diagrams, work procedures, instructions and parts manuals.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance, adjustments, and modification of communication systems, components, and assemblies.
- Promote and comply with established safety, training and quality assurance programs.
- Prepare appropriate logs, test records, work orders and associated documentation for entry into a computerized maintenance management system.
- Respond to emergency calls and performs other duties as required to support 24 hours a day/7 days a week communications requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university or certification from an accredited technical program in Telecommunications, Electronics Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, or equivalent combination of education/experience in preventative and corrective maintenance in the electronics field.
- Must pass a technical test.
- Must obtain and maintain certification in compliance with all state and federal regulations applicable to this position.
- Must posses at minimum a valid Texas C drivers license, with no Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) conviction within the last sixty (60) consecutive months, not more than one (1) DWI on driving record, and not more than three (3) convictions of moving violations within the last thirty-six (36) consecutive months in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles
- Applicants and employees in these designated safety-sensitive positions are subject to DOT/FTA regulations which include DOT pre-employment drug testing and random alcohol and drug testing as a condition of continued employment.
- Must be able to orally communicate in an effective manner with the public, co-workers, supervisors and managers to ensure efficient operations; to promote safety; and to respond to emergencies. Must also be able to read and comprehend a variety of work related/required technical manuals, safety rules and regulations.
- Proficiency with personal computer (PC), software applications to include MS Office (Word, Excel, Access).
- Ability to promote a positive and inclusive work culture.
- Ability to have the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Ability to make decisions in the absence of guidance from others, and to plan and carry out work assignments in situations where the procedures have been established.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to interact effectively with a diverse customer population while under pressure
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to find solutions to mechanical and technical problems.
- Ability to work variable shifts, irregular hours, nights, holidays, weekends, and short notice availability. May be required to travel to multiple work locations.
- Physical ability to be mobile 100% of work time, exert physical effort while standing, walking, or lifting materials/tools/objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Position requires working in crowded and tight spaces such as manholes, tunnel and aerial structures.
Reports to Mgr Comms & Control Systems *
Works in an environment where there is potential exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. Work could involve unpleasant working conditions such as working near fast moving trains and in confined spaces, dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities. All incumbent exposures will be controlled through adhering to policies and procedures, which include safety precautions, regulations and the use of personal protective equipment.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V