|Job Title*:||Vice President, Human Resource ||Pay Grade*:||E3 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Human Capital Admin ||Job Code:||1203A |
|Division*:||Headquarters ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Official Administrators |
|Department*:||Human Resources || || |
The Vice President Human Resources is responsible for directing and overseeing the people functions of the Agency in accordance with applicable policies, practices, laws and regulations. The Vice President is also responsible for strategic human resources leadership and planning to attract and retain the best people talent available. Department functions include recruitment, training, benefits, HRIS and administrative services. As a contributing member of the Executive Management Team, the Vice President serves as an innovative, dynamic agent of change, and is a valued resource in supporting Agency strategic goals and objectives. The position reports to the Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the Agencys human resource function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the Agencys plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Translate the Agencys strategic and tactical business plans into Human Resources (HR) strategic and operational plans.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of people resources.
- Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify internal and external talent for positions of responsibility. Identify appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the Agency.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance and to provide programs which utilize an employee and Agency partnership for the short and long-range health and welfare of DART people.
- Develop programs to allow the Agency to embrace qualified applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing DART people for more significant responsibilities and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the Agency and the industry.
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all HR programs and practices against the relevant comparable entities, industries and markets.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization with management and DART people in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people related issues.
- Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the Agency.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce human resource policies and procedures of the organization through systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Agency. In particular, manage the human resource information systems database and necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and people resources.
- Coordinate the activities, programs and strategic HR plans of other departments throughout the Agency.
- Continually enhance knowledge of HR policies, programs, laws and issues. Understand the differences between public and private policies and programs and their impacts on recruiting and retaining talent.
- Provide technical advice and knowledge as required.
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of the HR Department.
- Continually improve the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
- Evaluate the human resource division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field. Masters preferred.
- Fourteen years progressively responsible experience in human resource management and development of strategic initiatives or experience in a related field to include five (5) years of accountable executive experience overseeing employee benefits, ten (10) years experience within a public sector environment, ten (10) years of experience working with a labor union and a minimum of seven (7) years experience managing a professional staff.
- Must have a Senior HR certification (SHRM-SCP) or ability to obtain within one (1) year.
- Working knowledge of applicable employment laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of employee health and wellness benefit programs, including self-insurance and insurance exchanges especially in public sector.
- Valid Texas Drivers License Class C, no Driving While Intoxicated (DWI/DUI) conviction within the last sixty (60) consecutive months, not more than one (1) DWI/DUI on driving record, and not more than three (3) convictions of moving violations within the last thirty-six (36) consecutive months in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting his/her business and organization.
- Ability to see ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Ability to build effective teams; defines success in terms of the whole team.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Ability to make good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Ability to communicate a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; makes the vision sharable by everyone.
- Ability to maneuver through complex political situations effectively and quietly; sensitive to how people and organizations function.
- Ability to be effective in a variety of formal presentations settings; is effective both inside and outside the organization.
Reports to EVP Admininstrative Officer *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V