|Job Title*:||Bus Mechanic - ED ||Beginning Pay*:||$26.92 hourly |
|Section*:||ED - Bus Services ||Job Code:||5401 |
|Division*:||East Dallas Maintenance ||FLSA/EEO:||Non-exempt/Skilled Craft |
|Department*:||Bus Operations- Mechanics || || |
Performs assigned work relative to maintenance, repair, and inspection of motor vehicles for the Dallas Area Rapid Transit's (DART) Fleet Services Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform variety of repairs to power plants, air conditioning and heating systems, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and minor body repairs.
- Perform state safety inspections of vehicles.
- Maintain, charge, and inspect batteries for defects.
- Perform preventative maintenance of vehicles as scheduled.
- Change tires, fuels, and/or cleans vehicles as required.
- Make road/service calls as required; operate DART vehicles if necessary.
- Promote established safety, training, and quality assurance programs.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university or certification from an accredited technical program in Automotive/Diesel Technology, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Must pass a technical test.
- Must have a valid Texas Commercial Drivers License (CDL) class B with Passenger Endorsment, no DWI/DUI conviction within the last sixty (60) consecutive months, not more than one (1) DWI/DUI on driving record, and not more than two (2) convictions of moving violations within the last thirty six (36) consecutive months on driving record in order to operate DART vehicles. Must obtain CDL within ninety (90) days upon hire.
- Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical (medical) examination, which includes a drug screen in order to operate DART revenue and non-revenue vehicles; incumbents are subject to the federal testing regulations of safety sensitive positions, which include random alcohol and drug testing as a condition of continued employment.
- Ability to be mobile and occasionally 70% - 80% of the work time. Lift objects weighing up to seventy - (70) pounds such as tools, equipment and parts. Must be able to work in crowded and tight spaces.
- Ability to find solutions to mechanical and technical problems.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all level of supervisory and non-supervisory employees and others inside of DART.
- Operates DART multi-axle vehicles, trucks, and service equipment as required.
Reports to Mgr Bus Services - ED *
Works in an environment where there is exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V