|Job Title*:||Signal Maintainer - NWROF ||Beginning Pay*:||$26.92 hourly |
|Section*:||Signal Systems ||Job Code:||5405 |
|Division*:||NW Rail Facility Maintenance ||FLSA/EEO:||Non-exempt/Skilled Craft |
|Department*:||Rail Operations-Mechanics || || |
Responsible for work relative to preventive and corrective maintenance, inspection and repair of the Signal System for Dallas Area Rapid Transit's (DART) Ways, Structures & Amenities Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, repair, maintain, and remove/replace components of the signal system, which include all associated signal equipment, such as highway grade crossing equipment, interlocking devices, , cab signaling equipment (ATP), train to wayside (TWC), vital/non-vital processors, fiber optic network, power distribution centers, UPS (uninterruptible power supplies), and other signal apparatus related to rail service.
- Responsible for safe functioning of signal equipment governing train movement during repairs, renewals, replacement, or inclement weather.
- Promptly respond to all signal related occurrences and/or emergency situations.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair/replace microprocessors, computers, and recorder/analyzing equipment, and ability to interpret and analyze data.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair/replace the fiber optics network used for the Signal System.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair/replace electrical equipment using voltages ranging from 12vdc to 480 vac.
- Ability to use computers, laptops, and tablets (for troubleshooting and diagnostics of the signal system).
- Ability to support other sections or departments within DART, as well as government agencies, contractors, and member cities as needed for the support of DART Projects, Special Events, or Build-out Expansions.
- Comply with AREMA, FRA, APTA, and FTA rules and regulations.
- Maintain material usage and production logs.
- Promote and comply with established safety, training, and quality assurance programs
- Maintain proper communication with Rail Operation Control while on duty.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university or certification from an accredited technical program in Signals or Electronics, or equivalent combination of education/experience in preventative and corrective maintenance in electronics or signals.
- Must pass a technical test.
- Must obtain and maintain certification in compliance with all state and federal regulations applicable to this position.
- Must be able to orally communicate in an effective manner with the public, co-workers, supervisors and managers to ensure efficient operations; to promote safety; and to respond to emergencies. Must also be able to read and comprehend a variety of work related/required technical manuals, safety rules and regulations.
- Must have a valid Drivers License Class-C, and be able to obtain a Texas Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class-A Restricted within 90 days of employment; no Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) conviction within the last sixty (60) consecutive months, not more than one (1) DWI/DUI on driving record, and not more than three (3) convictions of moving violations within the last thirty-six (36) consecutive months in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles.
- Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical (medical) examination, which includes a drug screen in order to operate DART revenue and non-revenue vehicles. Incumbents are subject to the federal testing regulations of safety sensitive positions, which include random alcohol and drug testing as a condition of continued employment.
- Ability to have the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Ability to make decisions in the absence of guidance from others, and to plan and carry out work assignments in situations where the procedures have been established.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to interact effectively with a diverse customer population while under pressure.
- Personal computer (PC), software applications to include MS Office (Word, Excel, Access).
- Ability to work variable shifts, irregular hours, nights, holidays, weekends, and short notice availability. May be required to travel to multiple work locations.
- Physical ability to be mobile 100% of work time, exert physical effort while standing, walking, or lifting materials/tools/objects weighing up to 100 pounds. Position requires working in crowded and tight spaces such as manholes, tunnel and aerial structures.
Reports to Mgr Signal Systems *
Works in an environment where there is potential exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. Work could involve unpleasant working conditions such as working near fast moving trains and in confined spaces, dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities. All incumbent exposures will be controlled through adhering to policies and procedures, which include safety precautions, regulations and the use of personal protective equipment.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V