|Job Title*:||Control Systems Programmer ||Pay Grade*:||S9/ Starting Salary: $47,851 |
|Section*:||Communications ||Job Code:||5603 |
|Division*:||Facility Maintenance Building ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Technicians |
|Department*:||Rail Operations || || |
Performs programming and technical support of existing Operations Communication & Control Systems for Dallas Area Rapid Transit's (DART) WSA Maintenance Division. Addresses and resolves complex technical issues. Develops, implements, and administers the Agency operations network and control systems and provides technical expertise to internal and external contacts in a 24/7/365 operation. Position reports to Sr. Control Systems Programmer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, plans, and oversees the implementation of the industrial transport and communications network. Establishes hardware, firmware, and software migration plans. Designs and analyzes requirements and specifications. Develops production testing and change control procedures. Provides specifications for the acquisition of new network hardware and software. Programs, configures, and supports voice and data communications systems hardware, firmware, and software.
- Oversees the installation, configuration, and management of the industrial control systems, operations, and communications network.
- Oversees support for the industrial transport and communications systems, including configuration and administration of switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs, gateways, VoIP, SCADA, MPLS-TP, Optical Transport, PCI compliance, monitoring and reporting applications, etc.
- Addresses and resolves complex technical issues with internal/external customers. Analyzes and records system issues and proposes solutions.
- Develops and maintains detailed network, software, and programming modifications documentation, version control, and reports and presentations for management review.
- Performs installation and administration of software upgrades, including testing, conversion, version control, data and system integrity.
- Adheres to enterprise and operations strategies and plans for industrial control systems administration and security. Prepares and maintains device configuration, including routine backups, long-term archives, and disaster recovery support. Collaborates in the development and deployment of the ICS systems Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Participates in change management and incident review as needed. Document changes and actions in change management systems.
- Administers, monitors, analyzes, and modifies control operational, communications, and network systems performance and security. Ensures that systems performance supports ICS and related applications. Develops and implements control systems performance and security improvements.
- Provides on-location and remote support as necessary, including 24/7/365 on call support.
- Performs programming assignment, evaluation, and configuration of communications systems with outside contractors per the direction of the Senior Control Systems Programmer.
- Performs routine system application, security, and data integrity testing and monitoring to ensure proper operations.
- Supports Agency 5-Star Customer Service program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Telecommunications, or related field.
- Four (4) years progressively technical experience in industrial systems programming and network administration to include data processing, systems analysis, and maintenance to include two (2) years programming experience using Ladder Logic, C, C++, and/or Visual Basic.
- Working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers, Allen Bradley RSLogix, MPLS-TP, and SONET transports.
- Advanced knowledge of database applications such as SQL, Oracle, RDB.
- Proficiency configuring LANs, WANs, servers, routers, switches, IP, MPLS-TP, and other network peripherals.
- Must pass aptitude test to be considered for the position.
- Analytical ability to independently diagnose and recommend problem resolutions on complex industrial control systems and related networks.
- Ability to work variable work hours. Available for required emergency response situations.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate will all levels of supervisory and non-supervisory employees, peers, vendors, contractors, and others both inside and outside of DART.
- Ability to be mobile and occasionally, 5% - 20% of the work time, lift objects weighing 5 - 10 pounds.
- Mental ability to comprehend complex materials, software programs, technical manuals, and concentrate on details.
- Ability to meet expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers.
Reports to Sr Control Systems Programmer *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V