|Job Title*:||Director of Talent Acquisition ||Pay Grade*:||126 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Human Capital Admin ||Job Code:||5906C |
|Division*:||Headquarters ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Official Administrators |
|Department*:||Human Resources || || |
The Director of Talent Acquisition and Employee Success will lead in the Human Resources Departments efforts to source the best talent, as well as to maintain effective programs for supporting the employee-life cycle, including attracting, promoting, retaining, training, developing and supporting quality employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the recruitment operations lifecycle from posting through hiring, including development of organizational policies and procedures and using technology to optimize efficiencies and processes.
- Create strategies, programs, and tools needed to locate, identify, and attract qualified candidates in sufficient numbers to meet Agency growth and objectives.
- The Director of Talent Acquisition leads the strategic direction of the department and examines hiring trends in anticipation of the agencys response to labor market changes, for example, shortages and surpluses of available labor.
- Develop and manage dashboards for tracking talent acquisition results, monitoring turnover rates and other key metrics, providing regular reports and updates to leadership.
- Establishes departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the Agencys strategic goals.
- Proactively develop and execute multiple outreach channels including social media, networking events, and presentations with community partners to ensure diversity in the candidate pool.
- Provides leadership in the establishment of the employment brand and develops supporting materials in order to communicate value proposition through the businesss employment advertisements, career sites, job descriptions, and other employment materials.
- The Director of Talent Acquisition will also collaborate with HR departmental leaders as well as other departmental leaders within the agency in determining the current and future talent requirements of the business and those needs unique to each department.
- Oversees the staff augmentation process from the RFP process, to working with deparmtent letaders on temporary staffing needs to hiring and onboarding contract employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources or related field.
- Five (5) years of broad HR experience including talent management and full cycle recruiting to include three (3) years experience supervising a professional staff.
- Proficiency on PC and knowledgeable of software applications, including proficiency in Trapeze, Lawson, Ripplestone, Tableau, Microsoft Office applications of Word and Excel or other related software applications.
- Proficiency with workforce analytics regarding reporting of KPls to analyze effectiveness of workforce strategies pertaining to recruitment statistical data, i.e., retention, time to fill positions and other data points to ensure overall metrics are met.
- Ability to design, develop, and support organization-wide talent management programs.
- Ability to recruit in multiple discipline areas and levels, including hiring for nonexempt, exempt and leadership positions.
- Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Proficiency in all areas of sourcing such as the internet, social media, networking, employee referrals, job postings, as well as conducting open houses and virtual job fairs.
- Ability to work with applicant tracking systems and affirmative action or federal equal employment opportunity plan requirements.
- Ability to promote equal opportunity as an employer of choice for current and potential workforce.
- Ability to design, develop and implement the talent review process that is required to achieve business goals and results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent.
- Ability to create and maintain an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity and inclusion and competitive advantage.
- Ability to focus on continuous improvement to implement best industry practices in the Talent Management discipline.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ability to blend people into teams when needed. Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team. Fosters open dialogue. Defines success in terms of the whole team. Creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Ability to marshal resources to get things done; uses resources effectively and efficiently; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; can see hidden problems.
- Ability to quickly develop technical understanding; is good at learning new industry, company or technical knowledge.
- Ability to accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects. Sets objectives and goals. Breaks down work into the process steps. Develops schedules and task/people assignments. Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks. Measures performance against goals. Evaluates results.
- Ability to read a situation quickly. Good at focused listening. Can effectively negotiate difficult agreements and settle disputes equitably. Can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Analytical and creative skills to find solutions to complex interpersonal, technical and administrative problems.
Reports to AVP DIVERSITY & LABOR *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V