|Job Title*:||Supv-Rail Services ||Pay Grade*:||117 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Rail - NWROF ||Job Code:||6119 |
|Division*:||Service and Inspect Facility ||FLSA/EEO:||Non-exempt/Service and Maintenance |
|Department*:||Rail Operations || || |
Responsible for supervising the programs and activities of Fleet Rail Services personnel involved with rail maintenance and servicing activities for Dallas Area Rapid Transit's (DART) Fleet Services Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs complex duties related to rail maintenance and servicing activities; responsible for highly complex maintenance projects, and acts as COTR; develops cost estimates, schedules and budgets.
- Assists section manager with his/her administrative responsibilities as it relates to labor relations, and the administration of service and consultant contracts; ensures and monitors inspection program according to DARTs polices and procedures.
- Oversees personnel engaged in repairs, services, renewals, overhauls, inspections, and cleaning and preventive maintenance of rail vehicles, systems, and components.
- Schedules work for, oversees, and monitors assignments to best utilize work force to meet rail vehicle pull out requirements and maintain repairable spare parts pool. Verifies daily time worked by the assigned shift personnel.
- Interviews, selects, develops, trains, supervises, evaluates, counsels, and if necessary, recommends termination of subordinate personnel in accordance with established policies, procedures and guidelines to include EEO/AA program goals and objectives.
- Monitors vehicle cleaning and shop equipment for condition and operations. Opens work orders and checks recent equipment repair history using SPEAR computer terminal and updates activity performance reports.
- Authorizes and verifies requisitions for materials and supplies; inventories on-hand stock and monitors the consumption of materials and supplies.
- Ensures appropriate records are maintained according to work performed and completes required forms, reports, and other documentation related to procedures, accidents, and employee conduct; reports building, vehicle and equipment defects including vandalism and trespassers.
- Promotes established training, safety practices and procedures and takes precautions to ensure staff follows appropriate procedures; Assists in integrated testing of LRVs and shop equipment.
- Operate DART vehicles as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Public Administration, Transportation, or related fields applicable to DART Maintenance.
- Five (5) years progressive maintenance service experience in a technical environment including experience in a maintenance area on equipment (e.g., LRT system, coach maintenance, heavy equipment, LRT vehicle, or maintenance support), including two (2) years of experience overseeing the work of support staff and /or subordinate staff.
- Must successfully complete LRV vendor training. Must pass and maintain rail certification education program to operate non-revenue trains on the mainline.
- Must have a valid Drivers License class C, and be able to obtain a Texas CDL Class A within 90 days of employment; no Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) conviction within the last sixty (60) consecutive months, not more than one (1) DWI/DUI on driving record, and not more than two (2) convictions of moving violations within the last thirty-six (36) consecutive months in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles.
- Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical (medical) examination, which includes a drug screen in order to operate DART revenue and non-revenue vehicles; incumbents are subject to the federal testing regulations of safety sensitive positions, which include random alcohol and drug testing as a condition of continued employment.
- Incumbents are subject to the federal testing regulations of safety sensitive positions.
- Physical ability to be mobile and very frequently, more than 50% of work time, lift objects weighing up to fifty (50) pounds such as parts, small hand tools, and equipment repair equipment.
- Must work in a safe manner/constant degree of alertness.
- Ability to work irregular hours and irregular days off.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Ability to step up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities. Read situations quickly. Good at focused listening. Can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably. Can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Ability to practice attentive and active listening. Has the patience to hear people out. Can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Ability to create a climate in which people want to do their best. Can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members. Can assess each persons hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her. Pushes tasks and decisions down. Empowers others, Invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility. Makes each individual feel his/her work is important.
- Ability to make good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment). Most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time. Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Ability to use Fleet service equipment, diagnostic test equipment, machinery, tools, fire, and shop safety devices.
Reports to Mgr Fleet Services *
Works in an environment where there is exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V