|Job Title*:||Analyst IV-Revenue ||Pay Grade*:||117 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Revenue Admin ||Job Code:||7144A |
|Division*:||Headquarters ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Professionals |
|Department*:||Finance || || |
Provides technical and functional support for Finance software systems to include administration and project leadership. Responsible for analyzing, forecasting and reconciling and reporting. Monitors agency PCI compliance activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the software application administrator for assigned Finance software systems to perform application programming and configuration, ensures uptime performance and security as well as provide technical support, troubleshooting, testing, and other functional requirements. Coordinates with other departments at DART such as IT, Maintenance and any third-party vendor to ensure systems are kept efficient, relevant, secure, and are performing at the level expected and/or needed for operations.
- Responsible for reconciling DARTs systems. Researches, identifies, explains and reports reconciliation variances.
- Prepares monthly ridership for the agency. This includes data scrubbing, analyzing and maintaining ridership. Researches and explains significant variances to ridership thresholds.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly, quarterly and annual agency performance data by mode for reporting to Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT), American Public Transportation Association (APTA) and the National Transit Database (NTD). Provides assistance during internal and external audits by reviewing, compiling, and evaluating information required.
- Performs complex analysis and provides recommendations for business research and operations related to fare collection systems. Requirements include analyzing and reporting on transactions and trends associated with cash, credit cards, and other means of payment; ridership data and other operational performance data; and budgets related to assigned projects.
- Analyzes potential areas of automation to determine user and technical needs and recommends possible solutions, including process redesign and individual programs. Develops methods for improving/optimizing user interfaces and maintenance protocols.
- Defines, designs, builds, and maintains dimensional databases. Analyze, evaluate, and produce reports (both custom and system provided) relating to agency ridership, fare related revenue and ticket sales.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Finance, Information Technology or related field.
- Four (4) years progressively responsible experience involving data analysis, management of projects, analysis of performance trends or related field.
- High level of analytical ability required to find solutions to complex interpersonal, financial, administrative, professional, and technical problems. Able to analyze moderately complex data sets, to accurately summarize data, and to characterize causal relationships and interrelationships between and among variables. Prepares reports for and makes recommendations to management based upon results of analyses/evaluations.
- Interpersonal skills required to effectively communicate with staff, all levels of management and non-supervisory employees, vendors, government entities, contractors, and others internal and external customers.
- Advanced level of computer software skills to create and manage databases, utilize macros, spreadsheets, etc. Proven ability to pull data and produce reports from various databases using SQL statements, Access, Oracle, and/or Crystal or other similar products.
- Ability to work independently to reach goals set by management.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Ability to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Ability to quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all.
Reports to Sr Mgr Payments Admin *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V