|Job Title*:||Director Systems Safety & Cert ||Pay Grade*:||S15 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Project Management Admin ||Job Code:||7534A |
|Division*:||Headquarters ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Official Administrators |
|Department*:||Rail Program Development || || |
Under the general direction of the Asst. Vice President Capital Program Support, directs the establishment and deployment of agencys (DART) Construction Safety and System Safety and Certification Programs. Directs and manages applicable personnel (DART, Consultant and Contractor) associated with Authority managed/funded construction related projects e.g., Capital Development, Maintenance, Operations, and Support infrastructure and Trinity Rail Express (TRE).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs development and deployment of agencys Construction Safety & Security Program (CSSP). Manages subordinate staff (DART & Consultant) assuring compliance with governing/statutory and/or authority requirements.
- Directs development and management of quality Bi-Lingual safety training programs i.e., Light Railway Worker Protection Program (LRWPP), Construction Safety Orientation (SCO), and Roadway Worker Protection (RWP).
- Directs management of key Construction Safety & Security Program (CSSP) elements; investigations of accidents/incidents and property damage claims, conducting CSSP audits, and inspections and prepares reports and presentations. Reviews contractor Submittals and related correspondence.
- Directs, manages development, and deployment of agencys System Safety Certification Program (SSCP). Key elements; Safety and Security Certification Plan (SSCP), Systems Safety Certification Requirement Team (SSCRT), Certifiable Items List (CIL), Preliminary & Operating Hazard Analysis (PHA/OHA), Readiness Drills (Serves as; Readiness Exercise Director).
- Oversees development and deployment of agencys Integrated Testing Program and Startup activities. Chairs the Startup Task Force/Rail Activation Committee and supervises the Senior Manager Systems Integration and Startup.
- Prepares annual budget and monitors expenditures; directs management of GRD Non-Revenue Vehicle (NRV) fleet, and Cellular Telephone program for departmental and supporting staff.
- Co-Chairs Construction Safety and Security Advisory Committee and Fire Life Safety Committee; participates on DART committees i.e., Bus, Rail, Commuter Rail (TRE), etc., dealing with safety. Actively participates in System Safety committees (DART, Consultant and Contractor).
- Directs development and deployment of plans and procedures to meet unexpected situations, new developments and changes in the construction environment. Plans and prepares for emergency situations, media events, anticipates events, etc.
- Assists AVP Capital Program Support in planning, management, coordination and inspection of safety and system certification issues relative to design, procurement, construction and security.
- Develops technical reports and formal presentations. Interfaces with Federal (FTA, FRA, OSHA) and State (SSO) representatives/officials.
- Liaison to regional municipalities, franchise utilities, regional commercial railroad companies, internal agency departments and other state and federal agencies/organizations to communicate/coordinate DARTs CSSP and SSCP program requirements, and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Safety Management, Engineering, Construction or related field.
- Ten (10) years progressively responsible safety experience in a construction related environment, and (5) five years supervising a professional staff.
- Experience in Light Rail and Commuter Rail construction and operations environment preferred.
- Professional Safety Certification, and State License/Registration preferred.
- Valid Texas Class A, B, or C drivers license, no Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) conviction within the last sixty (60) consecutive months, not more than one (1) DWI on driving record, and not more than three (3) convictions of moving violations within the last thirty-six (36) consecutive months in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles.
- Ability to work irregular hours and be able to work on short notice.
- Ability to be mobile and occasionally, 10% - 15% of the work time, lift objects weighing 5 to 25 pounds.
- Proficiency with software applications to include word processing, database, spreadsheet and personal computer and established telecommunications equipment.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Ability to provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments to direct reports; supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization.
- Ability to settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Ability to blend people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; defines success in terms of the whole team.
- Ability to scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; measures performance against goals.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Ability to figure out the processes necessary to accomplish tasks; can facilitate effective brainstorming and build consensus among team members; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to demonstrate fiduciary obligation to section, division, department, and DART in handling materials and information of a confidential nature.
Reports to TBD*
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to hazardous/unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, petroleum products, and chemical while visiting DART/ TRE operating facilities and construction sites, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations. Must be capable of climbing ladders, and walking/moving through uneven construction areas and structures, and proper wearing/utilization of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) i.e., Fall Protection equipment and Respiratory Protection devices.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V