|Job Title*:||Marketing Associate ||Pay Grade*:||S8 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Marketing-Promotions ||Job Code:||7545 |
|Division*:||Headquarters ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Professionals |
|Department*:||Marketing || || |
The Marketing Associate is responsible for the development and implementation of business building marketing programs for customers and the project management of assigned initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop strategic marketing plans to support marketing programming which will include detailed project plans, budgets and timelines.
- Guide projects from brainstorm to execution, keeping internal clients true to their strategy while helping them explore ideas they may not have considered.
- Accountable for the execution and evaluation of specific marketing programs targeting existing and potential customers to increase ridership.
- Serve as project champion and team leader on cross-functional projects working with other departments.
- Work directly with internal creative team and outside agency to meet project objectives.
- Accountable for day-to-day marketing functions including developing briefs, project-based budgeting, market analysis, data analysis, campaign tracking and reporting.
- Support marketing leadership on key marketing initiatives.
- Manage all marketing expenditures to keep projects within budgetary guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in a Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or related field.
- Three (3) years progressively responsible experience in corporate marketing, advertising, promotions or related field.
- Has a thorough understanding of the strategic planning, creative, media and production processes.
- Proficient using PC and software applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Capable of working independently while still being able lead the efforts of a larger team.
- Ability to manage complex and multi-faceted marketing plans with strong analytical, planning and project management skills.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Ability to pick up on technical things quickly. Can learn new skills and knowledge. Is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge. Does well in technical course and seminars.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Ability to make good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom experience, and judgment). Most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time. Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Ability to quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise. Is seen as a team player and is cooperative. Easily gains trust and support of peers. Encourages collaboration. Can be candid with peers.
- Ability to demonstrate a fiduciary obligation to section, division, department, and DART in handling materials and information of a confidential nature.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Reports to Mgr Mktg & Acct Svcs *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V