|Job Title*:||Planner II-Innovative Srvs ||Pay Grade*:||S8 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Service Planning ||Job Code:||7550 |
|Division*:||Headquarters ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Professionals |
|Department*:||Planning & Development || || |
Performs a variety of service planning and development activities in support of the Innovative Services section of Dallas Area Rapid Transits (DART) Planning Department. Innovative services include vanpool, last mile services and site specific shuttles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and develops various Innovative Services projects including vanpools and assists with development of short-range transit operational studies.
- Prepares studies and makes technical recommendations regarding various program changes based on market studies, needs, and travel patterns for the Innovative Service Program.
- Evaluates Innovative service and vanpool performance and makes recommendations to increase ridership vanpool market share and improve program service efficiency.
- Receives public input into the Innovative Service Planning process from client Employee Transportation Coordinators and vanpool participants. Meets as needed with community groups, business groups, and other interested parties to facilitate Service Plan Development.
- Meets with NCTCOG and other government agencies as required to support funding requests and program compliance.
- Interprets technical innovative service data and develops project related studies and plans.
- Facilitates the marketing and promotion of vanpool and other innovative services programs through various forms of advertisements.
- Is knowledgeable and versed on Innovative Service contracts and agreements and able to provide an informed opinion, technical writing, as well as recommendations to maintain and better service.
- Works on DARTs Site Specific Shuttle Program and will be able to respond to related matters confidently.
- Works with the contracted vanpool provider and other staff members in coordinating service implementation.
- Prepares, maintains and develops historical ridership, data files, trends and graph. Prepare invoices for management review.
- Receives and responds to customer and business calls and participates in conflict resolution if required for innovative service and vanpool program.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors Degree in Public Administration, Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, Transportation, or related field.
- Three (3) years progressively responsible transit service planning and analysis experience; knowledge of methods and practices involved in transit service planning (ridership estimation, cost estimation, principles of service scheduling).
- Valid Texas Class A, B, or C drivers license, no Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) conviction within the last sixty (60) consecutive months, and not more than three (3) convictions of moving violations within the last thirty-six (36) consecutive months on driving record in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles.
- Personal computer (PC) and software applications to include word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software. Experience with other statistical analysis programs, geographic information systems, and other related planning software applications is highly desirable.
- Typical office equipment such as copier, typewriter, calculator, facsimile, etc.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ability to use his/her time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Ability to be action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning. Seizes more opportunities than others.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Ability to be able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Ability to pick up on technical things quickly. Can learn new skills and knowledge. Is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge. Does well in technical courses and seminars.
Reports to Sr Mgr Innovative Services *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V