|Job Title*:||Project Mgr Program Evaluation ||Pay Grade*:||S12 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Technical Services Admin ||Job Code:||7554A |
|Division*:||East Dallas Transportation ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Professionals |
|Department*:||Engineering || || |
The Program Evaluation Project Manager shall oversee the progress of assigned operations quality program and assists in the oversight and evaluation of various quality programs within the Engineering department. Develop efficient strategies and tactics to ensure that all programs deliver the desirable outcome to DART. Direct, oversees, performs and coordinates highly complex business analysis and program evaluation within Engineering. The Project Manager recommends improvements to business and organization systems, as well as develop special projects and programs for other work groups within Engineering or outside of the department. Coordinate cross-project/program activities. The Project Manager also assist the Sr. Assistant Vice President and Division Heads with capital project budget tracking, contract management and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements and participates in program and project evaluation. Completes surveys and program follow-up to recommend tools and strategies to increase program performance and results.
- Assist with addressing organizational and performance gaps within the different program groups and reports on corrective actions needed.
- Assist program managers with development and implementation of work group curricula, standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Develops business proposals as required, which includes scope-of-work definition, researching and developing cost estimates, schedules, and budgets.
- Supervises, maintains, monitors, and develops special projects and programs.
- Performs analysis on programs and projects and prepares various reports.
- Documents lessons learned as well as best practices for the various program groups based on industry research.
- Performs performance management function of various programs or projects as well as business liaison for technology.
- Acts as supervisor when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Information Management, Project Management, or a related field.
- Six (6) years of experience in analyzing and monitoring projects/program performance, utilizing best practice principles and managing and preparing budgets or related environment to include one (1) year of experience in a lead role in program evaluation or project management.
- Proficiency with personal computer (PC), mainframe, client server, internet/intranet and software applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, and database.
- Strong sense of commitment to DARTs business programs and the community they serve.
- Must be able to orally communicate in an effective manner with the public, co-workers, supervisors and managers to ensure efficient and safe operations.
- Must be able to prepare highly complex spreadsheets and performs data analysis.
- Ability to work independently to reach goals set by management and ensure project/program deliverables have met expectations
- Ability to gather user requirements, create gap analysis, ensure development tasks are meeting user requirements, properly test and resolve issues and prioritize development.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Ability to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Ability to produce reports for performance tracking metrics and to identify Trends, and verify accuracy of information
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to interact effectively with a diverse customer population while under pressure.
Reports to AVP Transportation Services *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V