|Job Title*:||Senior Web Developer ||Pay Grade*:||T07 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Web & Mobile Applications ||Job Code:||7573 |
|Division*:||I/T ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Technicians |
|Department*:||Technology || || |
Under general guidelines, designs, develops, tests and supports web-based applications for Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DARTs) Applications Management Division. This is a leadership role and is expected to mentor less experienced developers at DART. This role will interact with the architecture group to define best practices and guidelines for use within the DART web development team. A Senior web-developer should have expert knowledge of Internet protocols and applications, in addition to a solid understanding of business strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads team and removes technical obstacles for entire development team. Supports legacy applications written in Microsoft Classic ASP.
- Program ASP.NET/ASP web applications using C#, .NET Framework Class Libraries, and JQuery.
- Creates and consumes Web Services in ASP.NET applications using WCF, .Net API and REST.
- Develops responsive internet and intranet web sites leveraging bootstrap framework.
- Designs interface of web-based and desktop applications with client server databases.
- Performs analysis for problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Develops reports, written analysis, and various communications as necessary.
- Performs unit testing and regression testing of all changes and is responsible for building quality applications.
- Stays informed on current development patterns and makes suggestions to architecture for improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Working knowledge of eCommerce, bootstrap and responsive design.
- Familiar with Microsoft Azure PaaS services. e.g. Functions, CosmosDB, Azure SQL.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems. Experience with Sitefinity preferred.
- Knowledge of Business Management Systems. Experience with K2 preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels, both inside and outside of DART.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ability to make good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment). Most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time. Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Ability to pick up on technical concepts and knowledge quickly. Can learn new skills and knowledge. Is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge. Does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Ability to be able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Ability to quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise. Is seen as a team player and is cooperative. Easily gains trust and support of peers. Encourages collaboration. Can be candid with peers.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
Reports to VP/Chief Information Officer *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V