|Job Title*:||IT Network Engineer-Industrial ||Pay Grade*:||T08 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Network Eng & Communication ||Job Code:||7575A |
|Division*:||I/T ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Professionals |
|Department*:||Technology || || |
Provides mid level technical support for the industrial transport network and the enterprise network. Addresses and resolves complex technical issues. Develops, implements, and administers the enterprise network and provides technical expertise to internal/external contacts in a 24 hour 7 days a week operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, plans, and oversees the implementation of the industrial transport network. Establishes hardware, firmware, and software migration plans. Designs and analyzes requirements and specifications. Develops production testing and change control procedures. Provides specifications for the acquisition of new network hardware and software.
- Oversees the installation, configuration, and management of the industrial transport network.
- Oversees support for the industrial transport network; including switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs, gateways, WiFi, VoIP, SCADA, MPLS-TP, Optical Transport, PCI compliance, routing protocols (OSPF and BGP), monitoring and reporting applications etc.
- Addresses and resolves complex technical issues with internal/external customers, including assisting with problems escalated beyond Tier-2.
- Develops and maintains precise network documentation, reports and presentations for management review.
- Adheres to enterprise strategies and plans for network administration and security. Prepares and maintains device configuration, including routine backups, long-term archives, and disaster recovery support. Collaborates in the development and deployment of the Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Participates in change management and incident review as needed. Document changes and actions in change management system and ticketing system.
- Monitors and analyzes industrial transport network performance and security. Ensures that network performance supports enterprise applications. Develops and implements network performance and security improvements.
- Provides remote support as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field.
- Five (5) years of functional experience supporting networks.
- IP and MPLS-TP experience required.
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred.
- Must hold a current Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing and Switching (CCNA R&S) certification at the time of hire. Certifications must stay current with industry standards.
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of industrial transport network hardware, software, and associated equipment.
- Ability to work variable work hours. Available in the event of required emergency response.
- Exemplary analytical and creative skills to find solutions to complex technical problems.
- Friendly, clear and courteous communicator (written and oral) who enjoys being an active member of a technical team focused on providing highly valued solutions to critical business customers and technical peers at all levels, both inside and outside of DART.
- Ability to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Receives first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ability to quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Easily gains trust and support of peers.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
Reports to Manager IT *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V