|Job Title*:||Senior Network Engineer ||Pay Grade*:||207 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Network Engineering ||Job Code:||7575C |
|Division*:||I/T ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Professionals |
|Department*:||Technology || || |
Provides advanced level technical support for the the enterprise network. Addresses and resolves complex technical issues. Develops, implements, and administers the enterprise network and provides technical expertise to internal clients and external customers in a 24 hour 7 days a week operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, plans, and oversees the implementation of the enterprise network. Establishes hardware, firmware, and software migration plans. Designs and analyzes requirements and specifications. Develops production testing and change control procedures. Provides specifications for the acquisition of new network hardware and software.
- Provides Tier 2 support for the enterprise network. Addresses and resolves complex technical issues with internal clients and external customers, including assisting with problems escalated beyond Tier-1.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for Tier 1 network engineers for tasks, projects, and outages.
- Has advanced knowledge and proficiency with installing and configuring switches, routers, wireless controllers, wireless access points, UPS, and PDU.
- Has advanced knowledge and proficiency with network monitoring and configuration applications including Cisco ISE and Cisco DNAC.
- Has advanced knowledge and proficiency with layer 2 and layer 3 protocols including VLAN, spanning tree, port channel, QOS, IP, OSPF, and BGP.
- Initiates and creates enterprise strategies and plans for network administration and security. Prepares and maintains device configuration, including routine backups, long-term archives, and disaster recovery support. Collaborates in the development and deployment of the Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Develops and maintains precise network documentation, reports and presentations for management review.
- Proactively monitors and analyzes enterprise network performance and security. Ensures that network performance supports enterprise applications. Develops and implements network performance and security improvements.
- Participates in scheduled change management and participates in incident management as needed. Document changes and actions in change management system and service management system.
- Provide 5-star customer service and meet Agency service level agreements (SLA).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field.
- Five (5 ) years functional experience as a Network Engineer supporting enterprise networks or related field.
- Must have current non-expired CCNA or CCNP Enterprise certifications.
- Valid Texas Class A, B, or C drivers license, no Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) conviction within the last sixty (60) consecutive months, not more than one (1) DWI on driving record, and not more than three (3) convictions of moving violations within the last thirty-six (36) months in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles or drive in the course and scope of job.
- Pass a physical (medical) examination that includes a drug screen in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles.
- Proficiency of PC software applications to include Microsoft Office or other related software applications.
- Must be able to perform work from remote locations as needed.
- Must be able to work in an on-call rotation.
- Must maintain all certification(s) required for this position.
- Must be able to work variable hours to include responding to emergency responses to outages.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Ability to be able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Ability to use his/her time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Ability to learn quickly when facing new problems. A relentless and versatile learner. Open to change. Analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement. Experiments and will try anything to find solutions. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks. Quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Ability to quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise. Is seen as a team player and is cooperative. Easily gains trust and support of peers. Encourages collaboration. Can be candid with peers.
- Ability to be good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market. Has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work. Has a sense about managing the creative process of others. Can facilitate effective brainstorming. Can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
- Ability to make good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment). Most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time. Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Reports to Sr Mgr-Network Engineering *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V