|Job Title*:||Senior Software Engineer-BI ||Pay Grade*:||209 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Data Analytics and Info Mgmt ||Job Code:||7579A |
|Division*:||I/T ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Professionals |
|Department*:||Technology || || |
This position is responsible for enterprise level data and reporting solutions including maintenance, support, troubleshooting data sets and reports. Areas of responsibility include enterprise reporting tools including, but not limited to Crystal Reports, Tableau Desktop and Server, Cognos Analytics, spatial analytics tools and enterprise data integration tools including, but not limited to Dell Boomi and IBM DataStage. Activities require interaction with report management software, report generation software, database interaction to provide reporting support to Agency departments. The position utilizes one-on-one consultancy with end users and groups to determine reporting requirements and communicate requirements effectively to staff and contractors involved in report solution provisioning. The position responsibilities require independent analyses, database discovery, communication and problem solving. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgement in accordance with Agency Data Governance and Security principles and concepts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages, maintains and supports end user utilization of internal reporting applications including Tableau, Crystal (Ripplestone) and Cognos BI Analytics.
- Manages report inventory, batch jobs, data refresh definitions to support timely and accurate reporting.
- Adheres to all tenets of DART Data Governance and Security, ensures that end user analysts do the same.
- Assists end users with report definition, authoring, publishing and access management.
- Coordinates with ETL environments to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all reporting environments.
- Recommends and performs updates to reporting environment software packages and components to ensure supportability and sustainability of reporting platforms.
- Collects requirements for new reports to ensure that Agency management has complete and accurate information with which to make decisions.
- Collects requirements for modifications to existing reports to ensure that Agency management has complete and accurate information with which to make decisions.
- Responsible for customer (external) and client (internal) support services as they relate to data fidelity, availability and reporting environments.
- Coordinate with Systems Engineering to validate reporting environment applications after routine Windows security patching activities.
- Analyzes data and report access problems and resolve all incidents and service requests associated with the Agency reporting environment to determine cause and recommend solutions, follow through as directed by management.
- Provide 5-star customer service and meet Agency service level agreements (SLA).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Seven (7) years experience in reporting environments utilizing database repositories in Oracle and SQL Server in UNIX or Linux or Windows operating environment.
- Proficiency in SQL based data discovery, data conversion and advanced reporting techniques such as dashboarding and story telling.
- Knowledge of data modeling techniques.
- Knowledge of SQL code origination and management tools.
- Proficiency of PC software applications to include Microsoft Office or other related software applications.
- Work variable hours, to include emergency response to outages.
- Perform work from remote locations as needed.
- Must be able to work in an on-call rotation.
- Pass a physical (medical) examination that includes a drug screen in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Ability to be able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Ability to use his/her time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Ability to learn quickly when facing new problems. A relentless and versatile learner. Open to change. Analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement. Experiments and will try anything to find solutions. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks. Quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Ability to quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise. Is seen as a team player and is cooperative. Easily gains trust and support of peers. Encourages collaboration. Can be candid with peers.
- Ability to be good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market. Has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work. Has a sense about managing the creative process of others. Can facilitate effective brainstorming. Can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
- Ability to make good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment). Most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time. Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Analytical and creative skills to find solutions to complex interpersonal, technical and administrative problems.
- Knowledge of budget development/analysis, and operational cost factors.
Reports to EVP Admininstrative Officer *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V