|Job Title*:||IT Business Systems Manager ||Pay Grade*:||210 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Customer Advocacy-RPD ||Job Code:||7581 |
|Division*:||I/T ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Technicians |
|Department*:||Technology || || |
Manages the identification, development and support of a portfolio of application solutions that are may integrate with the enterprise class applications. Leads the team that analyzes business problems, develops technology solutions and provides technical, administrative, and maintenance support to those system solutions. Analyzes organizational software and hardware needs and concerns. Provides direction and leadership to technical staff and works directly with them to determine daily operational and project needs. Works closely with members of client departments at all levels and with other teams within IT to analyze problems and develop technology and new business processes solutions for the benefit of DART.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages application development staff to ensure DART management is provided with effective methods of meeting their transaction processing and information requirements.
- Manages the identification, installation, implementation, and maintenance/support of application development systems and interfaces, including complex upgrade projects.
- Develops and manages budgets for application development software projects, service requests, and software licenses.
- Manages technical staff to develop and achieve project targets and priorities. Plans, directs, and coordinates the activities of assigned projects and support functions to ensure that the objectives of the project are accomplished with high quality, on time and within budget parameters.
- Responsible for budget determinations, resource allocation, and timelines for all assigned projects. Effectively communicates and facilitates project/task prioritization across technical and non-technical departments to ensure project plans are met.
- Engages in personnel management functions including recruitment, selecting, hiring, reviewing, promoting, and counseling in order to maintain a qualified and motivated staff.
- Manages the career development and training of systems staff to meet ongoing application development software support requirements.
- Manages internal departmental relationships and external vendor relationships to coordinate support service and problem resolutions. Leads cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues delivers solutions that ensure compatibility and integration with business strategies and plans while establishing standards and guidelines for improving the applications development process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Business, Information Systems or related field.
- Seven (7) years progressively responsible experience in an Information Technology environment to include five (5) years project management level experience, managing, developing, testing, maintaining, and working with commercial and custom developed application software,systems administration and configuration, and (3) years management or supervisory experience with strong analytical abilities interacting with customers and staff to evaluate work and provide agency-wide software development needs.
- Strong general knowledge of computer system environments, networking, and connectivity.
- Working experience with relational database (Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server). Required working experiencing with SQL, PL/SQL, Process Flow, and interface development and scripting. Overall or general functional knowledge of software packages and solutions
- Demonstrated track record of successful management of application upgrades and implementation projects with the goal of business process improvement.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Ability to step up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities. Read situations quickly. Good at focused listening. Can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably. Can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Ability to blend people into teams when needed. Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team. Shares wins and successes. Fosters open dialogue. Lets people finish and be responsible for their work. Defines success in terms of the whole team. Creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Ability to provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments. Holds frequent development discussions. Is aware of each direct reports career goals. Constructs compelling development plans and executes them. Is a people builder.
- Ability to accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects. Sets objectives and goals. Breaks down work into the process steps. Develops schedules and task/people assignments. Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks. Measures performance against goals. Evaluates results.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
Reports to Enterprise App Delivery Leader*
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V