|Job Title*:||Chief Innovation Officer ||Pay Grade*:||E3 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||EVP Admin ||Job Code:||7773 |
|Division*:||Headquarters ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Official Administrators |
|Department*:||EVP Administration Office || || |
The Chief Innovation Officer leads the Center of Innovation, which has accountability for Product Management, Business Strategy, and serving as an innovation ambassador throughout and external to the agency. The Chief Innovation Officer examines ideas and emerging technologies to determine feasibility and partners with the Chief Information Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, Vice President of Service Planning and other executives to operationalize viable projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform market research for new ideas, determine feasibility, and form implementation strategies in partnership with the Chief Information/Technology Officer.
- Stay ahead of emerging and disruptive technologies impacting public transit ? autonomous vehicles, artificial intelligence, Internet-of-Things, and augmented/virtual reality.
- Develop and manage a culture of innovation, trust, personalization, wow, and initiative consistent with DART 5-Star Values.
- Introduce processes that promote cross-departmental critical thinking and ideation.
- Develop staff by training on skills needed for innovative thinking and process improvements.
- Serve as the executive sponsor for digital process innovation, as a methodology expert and facilitator for the DART Mobility as a Service (MaaS) strategy.
- Shelter and embrace promising projects by creating measurable goals and removing obstacles to deployment.
- Identify new and unconventional public transit market opportunities by analyzing unsolicited proposals, and public/private partnership opportunities.
- Lead center, which is responsible for defining, measuring efficiencies, return on investment on viable projects.
- Partner with Chief Information/Technology Officer to deploy innovative project proposals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Public Administration, Marketing, Urban Planning, or other Marketing affinity. Masters degree from accredited college or university preferred
- Fourteen (14) years of progressively responsible experience in product development or marketing focused on capturing and determining the feasibility of innovative ideas, removing roadblocks, and challenging the status-quo in a way that is not disagreeable to include seven (7) year managing professional staff.
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting his/her business and organization.
- Ability to see ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Ability to build effective teams; defines success in terms of the whole team.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Ability to make good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Ability to communicate a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; makes the vision sharable by everyone.
- Ability to maneuver through complex political situations effectively and quietly; sensitive to how people and organizations function.
Reports to EVP Admininstrative Officer *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V