|Job Title*:||Maintainer - Traction Power-NW ||Beginning Pay*:||$31.25 hourly |
|Section*:||Traction Electrification Sys ||Job Code:||9929 |
|Division*:||NW Rail Facility Maintenance ||FLSA/EEO:||Non-exempt/Skilled Craft |
|Department*:||Rail Operations-Mechanics || || |
Responsible for performing preventive maintenance, inspection, testing, trouble shooting, repair, and maintenance of Traction Power Substations, Overhead Catenary Systems, and components of the Traction Electrification Systems (TES) for the Dallas Area Rapid Transit's (DART) Ways, Structures & Amenities Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform inspection, testing, maintenance, installation and repair to a wide range of electrical power apparatus.
- Inspect overhead contact wire for gauge and integrity; maintain, repair, and replace all overhead contact wire and all related parts and devices; inspect and work on energized DC power return rail track systems according to established safety procedures and policies.
- Respond to equipment failure, determine the cause, and restore equipment to service.
- Perform complex wiring and utilization of conduits.
- Assist in emergency by-pass procedures and/or actuate alternative power routes during emergencies.
- Read and interpret blueprints and maintenance manuals.
- Subject to 24-hour emergency calls during adverse conditions and other emergencies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university or certification from an accredited technical program in Electricity; or equivalent combination of education/experience as an electrical technician, electrician, electrical worker, or electro-mechanic performing repair, maintenance, installation and troubleshooting of electrical wiring, power distribution systems, equipment, electronics and relay control logic.
- Must pass a technical test.
- Must obtain and maintain certification in compliance with all state and federal regulations applicable to this position.
- Knowledge of departmental policies and procedures.
- Must have a valid Driver?s License Class-C, and be able to obtain a Texas Commercial Driver?s License (CDL) Class-A Restricted within 90 days of employment; no Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) conviction within the last sixty (60) consecutive months, not more than one (1) DWI/DUI on driving record, and not more than three (3) convictions of moving violations within the last thirty-six (36) consecutive months in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles.
- Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical (medical) examination, which includes a drug screen in order to operate DART revenue and non-revenue vehicles. Incumbents are subject to the federal testing regulations of safety sensitive positions, which include random alcohol and drug testing as a condition of continued employment.
- Proficiency with personal computer (PC), software applications to include MS Office (Word, Excel, Access).
- Must work in a safe manner and constant state of alertness.
- Ability to promote a positive and inclusive work culture.
- Ability to have the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Ability to make decisions in the absence of guidance from others, and to plan and carry out work assignments in situations where the procedures have been established.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to interact effectively with a diverse customer population while under pressure
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be able to orally communicate in an effective manner with the public, co-workers, supervisors and managers to ensure efficient operations; to promote safety; and to respond to emergencies. Must also be able to read and comprehend a variety of work related/required technical manuals, safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to find solutions to mechanical and technical problems.
- Ability to work variable shifts, irregular hours, nights, holidays, weekends, and short notice availability. May be required to travel to multiple work locations.
- Ability to be mobile and occasionally 70% - 80% of the work time. Lift objects weighing up to seventy - (70) pounds such as tools, equipment and parts. Must be able to work in crowded and tight spaces.
- Ability to use standard devices weighing up to 50lbs such as hand tools, portable shop test equipment for testing and other required equipment in order to perform your job functions.
Reports to Mgr Traction Elec Power *
Works in an environment where there is potential exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. Work could involve unpleasant working conditions such as working near fast moving trains and in confined spaces, dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities. All incumbent exposures will be controlled through adhering to policies and procedures, which include safety precautions, regulations and the use of personal protective equipment.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V