|Job Title*:||Certification Associate ||Pay Grade*:||S4/ Starting Salary: $29,979 |
|Section*:||Mobility Management Programs ||Job Code:||9930 |
|Division*:||East Dallas Administration ||FLSA/EEO:||Non-exempt/Office and Clerical |
|Department*:||Mobility Management Services || || |
Processes numerous documents associated with the certification process, which includes processing applications and determining disabilty type for mailing applications, and schedules in-person assessments. Maintains photo id database and records serial identification numbers of Id cards issues to Paratransit riders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts telephone interviews to determine eligibility assessment type and schedules in-person assessments for people with disabilities for Mobility Management Services.
- Heavy data entry of time sensentive application information into established computer database and creates Trapeze file.
- Provides on-site support at DAC to monitor customers trips and assist with walk-in/lobby customers at HQ.
- Schedules Paratransit trips to the DAC and notifies applicants of the date and time of their assessment appointments.
- Prepares and mails written correspondence notifying applicants of their eligibility status or status of their incomplete application.
- Responsible for scanning all rider certification records in file net software for web based retrieval.
- Coordinates processing of lost Paratransit identification (ID) card requests for replacements.
- Creates and maintains files on applications denied, send backs, and appeals processed.
- Prepares materials and scans records for appeals panel.
- Acts as a liaison between and resource to section and other DART departments, as well as external customers regarding eligibility process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- High school diplomas or General Education Diploma (G.E.D.).
- Four (4) years related clerical or administrative experience in a customer service or related environment.
- Written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels, both inside and outside of DART.
- Ability to multi task work duites and meet assignment due dates.
- Attention to detail and data entry accuracy.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Ability to figure out processes necessary to get things done;can simplify complex processes;knows how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flows.
- Ability to be action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging;not fearful of acting with minimum of planning.
- Ability to relate well to people; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to use resources effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Ability to use his/her time effectively and efficiently; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Reports to Mgr Mobility Mgmt Programs *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V