|Job Title*:||Contracts Specialist ||Pay Grade*:||116 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Contracts-Materials Management ||Job Code:||9942 |
|Division*:||Headquarters ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Professionals |
|Department*:||Procurement || || |
Sources and administers contracts for a wide variety of requirements to support all DART programs. Contracts might include commodities, construction, professional engineer and architect services, financial services, consulting, employee benefits, business and maintenance services, and other categories ranging in value from $50,000 to $50,000,000.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May manage a specialized or general portfolio of products or services such as energy, construction services, software and hardware, fleet parts and supplies, business services, and other categories.
- Collaborates and consults with Materials Management and Maintenance Departments to manage the supply chain for parts, supplies, and services in support of Maintenance and Operations.
- Collaborates with clients to plan acquisitions, including developing statements of work and specifications, designing sourcing plans, and developing contracts.
- Conducts sourcing for an assigned portfolio, including invitations for bids, requests for proposals, requests for qualifications, requests for quotations, requests for information, sole source negotiations, and other sourcing methods.
- Teams with program clients to administer assigned contracts, including contract interpretation, negotiation of changes, performance monitoring and reporting, authorization of payments, expediting, default notices, claims, extensions, terminations, closeout, and other actions.
- Consult with client programs and departments and contractors and suppliers to seek technical and business solutions.
- Plans and conducts negotiations and serves as negotiation team leader.
- Performs market and economic research and cost and price analysis for assigned portfolio.
- Conformance with applicable and diverse federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Materials Management, Procurement, Business Administration, or related field.
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible procurement experience in strategic sourcing, supply chain management, and contracting in a transit or transportation industry, financial, or related environment.
- Must be a forward thinker with fresh ideas about procurement and technology.
- Proficient in using supply chain management or procurement software applications such as Lawson.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind.
- Ability to make good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment). Sought out by others for advice and solutions. Most of their solutions and suggestions are correct and accurate when judged over time.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly in various communication settings and styles. Can get messages across that to have the desired effect.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve complex problems with practical solutions. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers. Is excellent at honest analysis.
- Ability to pick up on technical things quickly. Can learn new skills and knowledge. Is good at learning new industries, companies, products, or technical expertise. Does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Ability to find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Can represent their interests and yet be fair to other groups. Can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise. Is seen as a team player and is cooperative. Quickly gains the trust and support of peers. Encourages collaboration.
- Must communicate orally with the public, co-workers, supervisors, and managers to ensure efficient operations, promote safety, and respond to emergencies. Must also be able to read and comprehend various work-related/required technical manuals, safety rules, and regulations.
Reports to Sr Mgr Procurement *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V