|Job Title*:||Dir Contracts ||Pay Grade*:||126 / Salary commensurate with|
experience and education
|Section*:||Construction Services ||Job Code:||9984 |
|Division*:||Procurement ||FLSA/EEO:||Exempt/Official Administrators |
|Department*:||Procurement || || |
Under the general direction of the VP of Procurement responsible for directing, overseeing, initiating, and managing activities of personnel to develop, update, administer and implement procurement policy and procedures based on state and federal laws, DART Procurement Regulation (DPR) and industry best practices. Investigates and answers protests and contractor claims. Serves as DART Competition Advocate. Directs efforts associated with solicitation preparation, document review, dispute processing, and claims management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the procurement activities in their section and acts as a liaison between Legal and Procurement.
- Develops and updates department policies and procedures to ensure conformance with the DPR, FTA Circulars and Master Agreement, applicable state and federal laws, and industry best practices.
- Advises VP and AVPs on emergency and sole source determinations, matters in dispute or potentially in dispute, and on other discretionary matters. Acts as DART liaison to any Procurement Dispute Review Boards. Reviews all Findings and Determinations for logic, compliance, and good business judgement.
- Leads procurement/negotiation team for special complex procurements.
- Evaluates all Sole Source Findings and Determinations and investigates unauthorized procurement actions and recommends disposition.
- Serves as operations executive leading team of business analysts, cost and price analysts, and administrative support staff. Team is responsible for records management, technology support, supplier relations, and outreach, open records requests, and other activities.
- Administers department goals and objectives, key performance indicators, and executive reporting.
- Leads department continuous and process improvement teams.
- Reviews procurement actions to ensure that procurements are conducted and administered in accordance with the DPR, State and Federal laws, and industry best practices.
- Interviews selects, develops, supervises, directs, evaluates, counsels, and if necessary, recommends termination of subordinate personnel in accordance with established policies, procedures, and guidelines to include Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) programs goals and objectives.
- Establishes and monitors procurement standards and key performance indicators.
- Acts as a resource to and a liaison between divisions and various DART departments, as well as with external contacts.
- Leads Procurement employee development and customer training programs.
- Prepares a variety of reports for executive and senior management review such as resource allocation, section activities, status reports, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and up to date contract forms, exhibits, and templates, including standard and specific contract clauses.
- Assist in or advise about the creation or restructuring of DART internal processes in order to expedite performance and increase efficiency of the relevant internal department or team.
- Advises on the development of negotiation plans or strategies. Lead or assist negotiations when assigned. Assist and advise on drafting Board agenda reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, or Public Administration or related field. MBA, JD, or other relevant graduate degrees preferred.
- Ten (10) years progressively responsible experience in a supply chain or procurement environment as a contracting officer, procurement officer, or other related profession to include a minimum of five (5) years supervising professional employees in a supply chain environment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Texas drivers license, no Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)conviction within the last (60) consecutive months, not more than (1) DWI on driving record, and not more than (3) convictions of moving violations within the last (36) consecutive months on driving record in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles.
- Ability to demonstrate a fiduciary obligation to section, division, department, and DART in handling materials and information in a confidential nature.
- High level of analytical ability to find solutions to complex interpersonal, technical, financial,legal, and administrative problems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of supply chain management, sourcing methods, contract, negotiation, formation and administration, supplier relations, and cost and price analysis.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ability to blend people into teams when needed. Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team. Fosters open dialogue. Defines success in terms of the whole team. Creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Ability to marshal resources to get things done; uses resources effectively and efficiently; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; can see hidden problems.
- Experience in both the public and private sectors planning, structuring, negotiating, and documenting transactions.
- Light physical ability to be mobile and occasionally, 15%-25% of work time. Lift objects weighing 5-30 pounds, such as files, books, computer binders, and small hand tools.
- Mental acuity and agility to read, comprehend, and understand complex challenges, vision to see opportunities, and imagination to discover solutions.
Reports to VP Procurement *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V